1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Copyright?

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by bankgirl05, Mar 15, 2013.

1. bankgirl05

bankgirl05 DIS Veteran

If I wanted to sell tie-dye Mickey t-shirts at Craft fairs etc would I need some sort of release or something?:confused3

I'm not talking millions of shirts, and I am not planning on advertising or anything, I just thought that I had so much fun making our shirts for our last trip, and we get so many comments, that I could set up a table at our schools bazaars etc...

I am currently unemployed, in a really crappy job market area, so making a little income while I am having fun sounds like the perfect way to break me out of my "funk".

2. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

You will get different answers but I can tell you Disney is very very strict about their copyright restrictions.
    I know a lot of people sell Disney themed items all the time, but I guess you would need to weigh the risks involved before you decide.

Personally, I wouldn't do it.

3. dsneprincess

dsneprincess DIS Veteran

I hate to be a "stickler" but I agree with pp that I wouldn't do it either. I think you could probably make the shirts & give them to friends, family, etc as Disney doesn't seem to mind when we all show up in pirated t-shirts, BUT, selling them crosses a line. We all "love" Mickey, but he's not ours to sell!