Coping with JOB HUNTING depression!

HappyLawyer

DIS Veteran/ OLCC Owner who's Mouse'n Down The Hou
Ok, i have recently decided to change careers, so i am out interviewing again and becoming really depressed. I know i should leave it in God's hands and not worry, but it is hard. I interview well, it feels great but then-oh we decided to hire someone else. I even had one lady tell me i interviewed very well and i will have no problem finding a job ( ok why didn't she hire me then).

Is anyone else here just going through the same thing.

Hugs to you on the job hunting.......career changes are not always easy and this is a tough time of year I think, end of the year type of thing. Just keep plugging, you will find the right job....hang in there.

Mackey Mouse said:
Hugs to you on the job hunting.......career changes are not always easy and this is a tough time of year I think, end of the year type of thing. Just keep plugging, you will find the right job....hang in there.

Thanks for the hugs, i am trying to stay upbeat.

If you feel the need to talk to someone over this, I would.....if you feel that it is truly getting you down and need that extra help....I am assuming you have your resume out and are checking the newspapers....it has been a while for me for working, but my daughters are going through this right now... with the stress of their Dad being ill and looking for a new job, I have suggested if they feel the need they should talk to someone.

You take care of yourself and keep plugging at it.. :grouphug:

HappyLawyer said:
Ok, i have recently decided to change careers, so i am out interviewing again and becoming really depressed. I know i should leave it in God's hands and not worry, but it is hard. I interview well, it feels great but then-oh we decided to hire someone else. I even had one lady tell me i interviewed very well and i will have no problem finding a job ( ok why didn't she hire me then).

Is anyone else here just going through the same thing.

I have a similar story too. I was in a job that made my life a living nightmare. There was one co-worker that the entire office was truely afraid of. We were sure she would come in and go "postal" one morning. Upper management either didn't see it or chose not to see it. She turned a job that I truely loved into one that I dreaded (and even feared) to go to each day. I looked for what seemed like eternity.

Like you my interview skills are excellent. My credentials are great. I would have interviews where the employer would practically say I had the job, but then later turn around and offer the job to someone else. Talk about depressing.

I tried very hard to turn it all over to God. But like you said, that is a lot harder than it seems. Finally, after what seems like eternity, I was offered a job. Not only was this a higher paying job than the others, but it was in a new branch of my profession I had been wanting to explore. I have been in this position now for one year and I am so glad I did not get the other jobs. This position is exactly what I wanted. So I guess God did know what he was doing when I didn't get the job I thought I wanted. He held out for the right job. I pray that He will find you that right job too.

Robin.....thanks for posting that....I hope that it helps Happy Lawyer to know that others have gone through what they are experiencing now and a postive result came their way....

I've been job hunting, too, and I haven't even had one call for an interview. I'm feeling really discouraged about it. I had a friend with some expertise in this redo my resume so maybe that will work better, but it is hard to feel upbeat when you get no responses.

Teresa

I'm with you Teresa...sent out my resume to places that I knew needed x-ray techs and got no calls. I live in a small town and there is quite a bit of nepotism around here and most jobs wind up going to someone's momma's cousin's aunt's boyfriend. I figured that God must be telling me something so I have applied for ultrasound school. Hopefully I will get in and when I finish can make quite a bit more money than I do as an x-ray tech anyway.

Good luck to all of you looking for jobs right now....

Good luck to you and I'll keep you in my prayers. DH went through this due to an injury this fall and it was really tough for a while. But I have to say it wasn't luck, but that our prayers were answered and he is the happiest he's ever been at his new job now for over a month. Just continue to put it in His hands and keep your faith. I'm just a Christian who prays on my window sill each night. I don't attend church and have never read the Bible, but the power of prayer has been quite moving in my life. So believe and the right thing will happen for you!

My husband is going through a similiar situation. He was laid off at the end of march. He's an IT guy, so we figured it wouldn't be so difficult, but here now 8 months later he is still searching. He's had a few interviews and on the phone interviews and just nothing seems to bite. He LOVED his old job, and was extremely disappointed when they let him go. He feels almost as if his dreams have been crushed, so it's just hard to deal with. We have family issues as well, so the depression is really just everywhere. I try to get him to talk about it, but it's difficult. He has gotten the emotion out a few times, and now we are really just getting desparate and praying for something to come up soon!...so no, you aren't alone at all.

My DD has been going thru the same thing for the past 4 1/2 months. She has a degree in Communications/Public Relations. Everyone wants 3 yrs, 5 yrs or 7 yrs experience. She is an attractive, intelligent young lady, but everyone wants the experience that no one will give her. She is willing to take a clerical position, but she has had employers ask why she wants that type of job with her education. It is so frustrating.

buf68 said:
My husband is going through a similiar situation. He was laid off at the end of march. He's an IT guy, so we figured it wouldn't be so difficult, but here now 8 months later he is still searching. He's had a few interviews and on the phone interviews and just nothing seems to bite. He LOVED his old job, and was extremely disappointed when they let him go. He feels almost as if his dreams have been crushed, so it's just hard to deal with. We have family issues as well, so the depression is really just everywhere. I try to get him to talk about it, but it's difficult. He has gotten the emotion out a few times, and now we are really just getting desparate and praying for something to come up soon!...so no, you aren't alone at all.

My company has been dangling the carrot in front of our faces for a couple of years now. You might get laid off, no it will be another 6 months. I am in IT also and it looks like April 1 could be a real layoff. I am getting depressed just playing this wait and see game. I am going to look for something new at the beginning of the new year. Hopefully the right job will be just around the corner. I have college but not the full degree they want. But I have 25+ years in IT. Lots of experience in several areas of IT. Now I hope I am not too old..... :sad2:

Hi All - just wanted to let you know that I am a corporate recruiter and would be more than happy to help anyone out with tips/suggestions or anything else I can do to help - just PM me, or if you feel comfortable discussing in an open forum, just post here! :thumbsup2

Al and Kate's Mom said:
Hi All - just wanted to let you know that I am a corporate recruiter and would be more than happy to help anyone out with tips/suggestions or anything else I can do to help - just PM me, or if you feel comfortable discussing in an open forum, just post here! :thumbsup2

Thanks, I may just do that after the first of the year!!! :thumbsup2

Okay all you IT people. Do you live in Nashville and Do you have auditing type background?

I have two positions open that I can't find qualified people for.

For all of you IT people if you need some work the one place I look is Rentacoder.com. Granted it is just pay for job basis and you are not going to make top dollar because these people are looking for cheap results. For me it has worked when I needed to make a quick dollar when I am low on funds. I also use it for my business to get some projects that my teams don't have time to do.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter