Cooler Questions

What Dh and I do is pack a small suitcase with booze and bottled water to bring onboard, and when we are out and about on the ship (say, by the adult pool) we have a small softsided insulated 8pack can carrier that we keep what we need for thew next few hours in. A roll on cooler is fine to bring drinks on board with, but unless you are by the pools or on deck 4, it will be hard to get around with it. Those halls aren't wide!

This thread reminds me of our trip to Ireland last year.... we were on a guided bus tour.. the PUB and folk tour..so it was heavily geared toward sampling the finest Ireland has to offer... but lots of folks brought on drinks in coolers to fortify thenselves between pub stops!
No bad behavior and boy was it a fun group! :banana:

Does anyone have any updated info on what Disney is allowing in the way of coolers and whether or not you can "reuse" your ESPN beer mug from a previous cruise? We will be cruising on the Wonder September 1, 2005. Thanks for any info!

Suzanne

I am not judging, just stating what I think...but I don't think DCL would approve of you re-using your mug from your last cruise as they frowned upon the use of the soda mugs being used from previous cruises.. "the intent was for one cruise only" and since the ESPN CLUB is gone, it would be a dead giveaway when you bring your ESPN Logo beer mug up to the bar.

MJ

Since when? And to each his own opinion....if I can spend money in their stores on something else, what would DCL care anyway...they are still getting my money....

You guys were right! Hubby and I went to Sam's Club yesterday and purchased a soft-sided cooler with wheels....what a GREAT idea!! Now he is even MORE excited about our cruise! There's nothing worse than worrying about what amount is going to be on that Sail and Sign bill on your last day! Thanks for all of the information!! :cool1: :hourglass

Suzepoo said:
Since when? And to each his own opinion....if I can spend money in their stores on something else, what would DCL care anyway...they are still getting my money....

Yes, ESPN club has been gone from both ships since they were both in drydock. ESPN club on both ships are now teen clubs and the teens clubs were turned into the Cove Cafe coffee bar. The new sports bar area is called Diversions and is where the comedy club used to be on Deck 3.

And as I said...I was not judging, just trying to answer honestly....DCL's intent when they sell the refillable mugs if for a one time use only (duration of your cruise)...this has been discussed many times here and people have flat asked DCL and were told one cruise only.... but I know many people who reused the soda mugs (me included!) on different cruises.....I was just stating DCL's point of view. So, if you did bring your ESPN logo mug up to a bar to get refilled, I doubt they would fill it since the ESPN club is no longer there.

But, since the refillable soda mugs are a thing of the past since soda is now included in the cruise price (except at the bars, roomservice and from waiters)....that issue is no longer a concern.

MJ

How about any updates regarding coolers, beer and carry on liquor from anyone who has just returned from a Disney cruise.......we are hoping they don't change their policy before we cruise in less than 2 weeks! Thanks for any updates.

Has anyone ever had a package mailed to the dock and had it sent to your room?? I've seen some posts about this. We are doing the Land/Sea trip and are using DCL transportation so will not have opportunity to stock up on beer/liquor prior to the cruise unless we get a taxi ahead of time. Just curious about the package thing. I've sent myself a package to WDW before and it worked great with snacks, etc. Was there when I checked in. Thanks ahead of time for any comments.... :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter