Cooler advice

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Cazbucket, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Cazbucket

Cazbucket Mouseketeer

Hi - I am lucky to be in a swap for most of my holiday but I need to get by for 5 days with some sort of cooler and ice.

Can anyone recommend a cheap one (pref from Walmart) please?

Don't mind if it's foldable or not and it doesn't need to be that big.

TIA

2. Inigo

Inigo DIS Veteran

My best advice would be a standard cooler, but using dry ice in addition to the regular ice. We went camping for over a week, had a chunk of dry ice combined with a block of regular ice, and everything stayed cold. The dry ice lasted more than a week, and kept the regular ice going for that long too.

I found our dry ice at a grocery store out in WY. You could call ice companies, listed in the yellow pages, to ask if they supply it.

3. lucigo

lucigo DIS Veteran

I was just in walmart the other day and they had some rolling ones for less than $30, not too big, but would hold a gallon of milk. If you are driving I would look at something like that.

Ooops...just saw where you are coming from, probably not driving :rotfl:

Maybe you should just go with a cheap styrofoam one that you can throw away afterwards...they are around $3 at WM

4. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

We just used a cheap styrofoam one from a grocery store when we needed a cooler, and then just left it when we were done.

5. dyna

dyna DIS Veteran

Yep cheap styrofoam will do the trick the cheap ones are usually right near 1 of the front doors at walfart they usually have others back where the coolers are stocked but they much more expensive.