Cool enough at Swan?

faithfull

Mouseketeer
In the past I read some posts of people complaining that their room at the Swan got too warm. I was just curious if any recent visitors to this resort had experienced any problems? I am hoping that problem has been fixed as I leave for the resort soon....Thanks.:p

We heard the same thing before we went last May. Even mentioned it to our bell man. It was really hot when we were there, too hot to go out on our free upgrade balcony. I hate to be hot when I sleep. Didn't want to come back to a hot hotel room. We never, ever in 9 days had a problem with our room temperature. It was in the 90's and muggy every day we were there. Seems like the bell man did go over to the thermostat but can't remember for sure now.
We loved the Swan. And our room was very comfortable despite what I had read on the boards.

We were there 12/27-1/02/04 and it was hot that whole week, but our ac worked great..no problems. I heard that also and it was almost too cool at times.
Connears

We just got back from the swan. We stayed 4-6 to 4-14. It was only stuffy when we came back to the room. At night we kept it about 62-63. Our one ds has asthma and he would have really felt it if the temps. were bad, but no problems here.

The reason the rooms are hot is that they have motion detectors and if no one is in the room it shuts off the air conditioning.
I hope you move a lot in your sleep or you will have problems then as well.
I am thinking of bringing a fan and something I can hang on a chair that the fan can make move.
Pretty rediculous to have to go to such lengths, but I have MS and real problems with heat, as it is I have misters, shaded canopy and cooling devices on my ECV for when I am out and must stay out of the sun.
Hm, I wonder if an occilating fan moves enough by itself to trigger the sensors? thats a thought too it would also help move the air around.

Hi,
We had problems with the ac at night when we were sleeping. It got very hot in our room.
We are going to try the Swan again in May. Hopefully the Swan management has figured out the ac problems.
If anybody has any ideas to keep the room cool while we are sleeping, let us know. It seems silly to have to get up and walk around the room in the middle of the night to activate the ac.
Sandy

Originally posted by McCall

I am thinking of bringing a fan and something I can hang on a chair that the fan can make move.
A NICE BIG MICKEY (or other) HELIUM BALLOON works very well! ::yes:: If you secure it to a chair or other area, and keep the fan on low (enough to move the balloon gently), the A/C will stay ON! Also, a more simple approach is to merely contact the Maintenance department. They will adjust the sensor and ameliorate the problem upon request (especially in the case of health conditions such as asthma). Hope this helps. ;)

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

when we were at the Dolphin in November in a renovated room that has the same new AC system. I get hot VERY easily and was worried. However, there was not a problem at all. We had 4 in a room so maybe someone was almost always moving during the night but it was never a problem for us at all.

Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter