Cookies from cake mixes! Also: BISCOTTI, BARS, CUPS & POPS

I hate baking cookies..

But I'm going to try these!!:) DH and the kids will be soooo happy!

:sunny:

Hey I did try this awesome recipe with Choc cake mix, rolled in powdered sugar & then baked - My 12 yr old son even enjoyed helping me make them!
Kids loved them, tasted alot like brownies

My son cannot have caffeine - so I made the cookies with yellow cake, carob chips and pecans.... They were a hit with ALL his friends... they keep asking for my "special" "chocolate chip" cookies... laugh...

Got to try the lemon and white chips... i found some white chips that do not have cocoa butter in them... :Pinkbounc

I also used yellow cake mix with chopped (in the blender) lemon drops. I think it was about half a cup or a little less. Then, I'd grind a few more lemon drops until they were fine and make a glaze with confectioner's sugar, water, a drop of yellow food coloring and a teaspoon or so of the finely ground lemon drops. YUMMY!!!!!!

Anita

Lemon Bites
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com

1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
1 egg
4 ounces thawed Cool Whip
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, egg and cool whip, mixing to combine. Batter will be very stiff.

Drop by teaspoonful into confectioners' sugar. Roll into 1-inch balls, using sugar to keep dough from sticking to hands. Place balls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown on bottom.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Makes approximately 72 cookies.

I made this cookies a christmas they make a soft cookie that's great with coffee.

or go to http://www.recipegoldmine.com/cakemixcook/cakemixcook.html

I just popped a Pillsbury German Chocolate cake in the oven and the box has this cookie recipe:

1 Pillsbury German Chocolate cake mix
1 (6 oz) pkg (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs, slightly beaten

Heat oven to 350°. In large bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonsful, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.

Makes 4 dozen cookies

HIGH ALTITUDE (above 3500 feet): Add 1/4 cup flour to dry cake mix. Bake as directed above.

I have a recipe called "Lemon Whippersnappers" made with the lemon cake mix and dusted with powdered sugar. They are very good and sooo simple to make!

Thanks for bumping this thread. These recipes sound great! :)

My kids and I made the snickerdoodle ones mentioned on the first page, and my husband went crazy for them. He is not one to ooh and ahh over sweets, but these made his eyes roll back in his head LOL.

:cool1: Thanks so much for all the great recipes. They all sound so easy and delicious! I know I'll be trying a few of them this holiday season.

I'm the OP. Glad to see so many have had great results with these recipes. :cool1:

Bumping this back up for Thanksgiving Day baking. :cheer2:

Thank you for this thread and for bumping it. I bought 3 boxes of cake mix on sale and wondered about using them for cookies. Now I'll try these.

My oven has been acting up. We finally decided to just buy a new one. So hopefully I'll have my new oven next weekend. This thread has been on my to-do list for the holidays. Can't wait to try them out.

I've got to try these!

I found a great recipe for chocolate chip cookies on Recipezaar - you add chocolate pudding mix and they come out chewy and chocolately - yummy! Don't make them if you're doing Weightwatchers though as they're 5 points EACH - and you can't eat just one :rotfl:

I just saw a show where someone made Fruitcake Cookies using Spice Cake Mix and assorted chopped dried fruit & nuts - like in those self serve bins in the trail mix section at health food stores. Since these fruits are naturally dried & sweetened (and hand selected by you) vs. the petrified candied fruits in most fruitcakes, these cookies would actually be edible! :rotfl: :flower:

I had to make alot of cookies for my grandson's christening a few weeks back. Each box of mix makes over 4 dozen 1 teaspoon cookies. I measured out each teaspoon then rolled them into a ball and pressed them out slightly. They come out very uniformly shaped. If you press them out more they could be stored in a Pringle container and even shipped safely.
I made the cake mix cookies and frosted them and they were the hit of the party. I had so many people ask me for the recipes for the wonderful cookies I made. I was almost embarrassed to tell them that it was a cake mix and not a "wonderful recipe". But I think there will be alot of cake mix cookies on talbes this Christmas.
I made
chocolate cake mix with chocolate frosting.
spice cake mix with cream cheese frosting.
lemon cake mix with lemon frosting.
Strawberry cake mix with vanilla frosting.
I made the cookies on Friday night and frosted them right away. I left them out to air harden on Sat and by Sunday the frosting had a slight coating so they could be stacked on a plate, but the frosting was creamy inside.
The cookies were very soft and moist, not hard or chewy. They were absolutly delicious if I do say so myself.
I bought a large full sheet cake with strawberry filling and whipped cream frosting.
I came home with almost 3/4 of the cake but not one cookie. Peggie

I took the ones I made Choc/choc chip rolled in pwd sugar and lemon rolled in pwd sugar to a xmas dinner last night and everyone loved them. :)

Thanks for this awesome recipe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter