Cookie press recipes needed :o)

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by kldmom2000, Dec 20, 2005.

1. kldmom2000

kldmom2000 DIS Veteran

Sep 19, 2004
    I finally bought a cookie press (the barrel type that has the different attachments to make pretty cookies) I was hoping there would be some recipe ideas inside the box, but there wasn't..... does anyone have any great recipes??? Should I do a shortbread one or would sugar cookie dough work? TIA!
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JudithM

JudithM DIS Veteran

Dec 5, 1999
    Here is a recipe from the recipe book that came with my cookie press years ago:

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1/4 cup vegetable shortening
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 large egg
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/4 teasponn baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt

1. With electric mixer, beat butter, shortening thoroughly.

2. Add sugar gradually, continuing to beat about 5 minutes until light, fluffy.

3. Add egg, vanilla; beat well.

4. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off; blend flour, baking powder, salt together; add in 3 additions; mix well after each addition; dough will be stiff.

5. Fill & assemble gun; use desired cookie disc; make cookies.

6. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees or until just starting to turn light golden around edges, being careful not to overbake.

7. Makes 6-7 dozen cookies.
  4. Minnie&Mickey

Minnie&Mickey I want to live at the Fort!

May 15, 2000
    Definitely try the recipe above. It is my favorite recipe to make with a cookie press, and the cookies look so pretty!
  5. ptlycloudy

ptlycloudy Mouseketeer

Mar 2, 2004
    I have used the recipes from this Christmas Cookie site . My husband loves the eggnog spritz, I like the almond cream, and my kids like the classic.

Happy cookie making!
  6. twinz

twinz I agree with getting my WDW fix

May 9, 2002
    Here is our grandmas shortbread is a much loved cookie in our family.

1 cup butter
    3/4 cup fruit sugar (or very fine sugar)
    2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 300 degrees
    mix all ingredients (use your hands). If the mixture gets to "easy" to roll, refridgerate. Roll out with a rolling pin (not too thin, not too thick)
    Bake for approximately 10 minutes (but watch them--as I am guessing at the time--they should be lightly browned on the bottom)
    Let cool
    These taste better the more they age, so if you keep them for a week, they will still taste great. They are a hard shortbread, not a soft one.
  7. mlg32

mlg32 Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Oh my God the red r

Apr 4, 2004
    Chocolate pillow cookies-----One of my favorites is use the basic spritz(by the way I always use all butter no shortening) and the disk for the wavy strips. Push out a strip of dough and set hershey minatures or dove minatures at even intervals along the strip, top with another strip of dough. Use a knife to seperate into individual "pillow" cookies---Delicious!