Converting a 7 day park hopper to renewed AP

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
We bought our 7 day Park hopper through a discount firm. I know everyone says to use the ticket one day and then convert to AP to get the gate price. But by using it one day, aren't you devaluing the ticket. Wouldn't that devaluing be more than you would be saving when you convert??? Any idea what the price is that the discount firms buy the tickets and what they'd be valued at without using the ticket one day and with using the ticket one day?

Thanks

Even with all the days used, a 7 day ticket is still worth a seven day ticket for up to 14 days after first use for upgrade purposes.

So you could use up th entire ticket and on the 13th day upgrade it to a AP.

Even with all the days used, a 7 day ticket is still worth a seven day ticket for up to 14 days after first use for upgrade purposes.

So you could use up th entire ticket and on the 13th day upgrade it to a AP.

Ditto.

The new AP will have its anniversary (start/end) date set back to the first day that you used the original 7-day ticket.

Why would someone go this route rather than just buying the AP? Is it cheaper this way?
I'm considering getting an AP this year and any money saving tips are welcome.:)

Why would someone go this route rather than just buying the AP? Is it cheaper this way?
I'm considering getting an AP this year and any money saving tips are welcome.:)

You can purchase a ticket from a Disney Authorized reseller like Undercover Tourist for a slight discount (sign up at mousesavers.com for an extra discount), I think I saved $12 a ticket on a 4 day with WPF&M about a year and a half ago.

You use the ticket at least one day, this locks the price of the ticket to a full price ticket and when you upgrade you will save $12 on your AP. If you don't do this they will just give you the discounted value of the ticket.

Just remember that you aren't going to get a huge discount on your AP but every little bit helps.

So I was thinking about using my Free Give A day ticket and then "upgrading" it to an annual pass. If I do that do I get the value of the free ticket - $79 off the price of my annual pass?

So I was thinking about using my Free Give A day ticket and then "upgrading" it to an annual pass. If I do that do I get the value of the free ticket - $79 off the price of my annual pass?

Yes

YEAH!:cool1: Now I just need to figure out a way to make my DH see what a great idea this is. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter