Convention Reservations

momw/2princesses

Mouseketeer
I'm attending the a conference at the Contemporary in September. Made my reservation today through the Disney conference/convention site. It says that I'll receive a reservation number within 5 days. I'm assuming it's because they need to verify I'm actually attending the conference! What's been your experience with conferences at CR? Any chance of a tower room? Not that I mind a garden wing room (I'll be at the CR after all!) but was wondering if they fill the less expensive rooms first.

Thanks!!

I attended a convention in March 2012 and was given a tower room on bay lake side. Good luck!!!

Thanks! We've stayed at CR several times with a theme park view, but it's been a while since the prices just kept creeping higher and higher. We're staying at the Poly in June for the first time. Then I'll be at CR in September. Can't wait!

I am curious too.. Staying for convention this summer- asked if we could pay for upgrade to tower. Told no- we just get what's available....

Hi - We just stayed 6 nights at the CR for a convention in March. My MIL also stayed 3 nights there too, also at a convention rate. When we looked at our reservation online it said Tower - Bay Lake View. My MILs said Garden Wing standard view. So, I was hopeful but not very optimistic. Upon arrival we were given a garden wing room. I told the check in lady about the online saying Tower etc, and she said she would check on it. About 10 minutes later she said that she could get us in the tower room but my MIL would have to be garden wing. I took it! We have never been able to afford a tower room and have always loved the garden wing rooms too but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask as this would be our only chance to ever stay in the tower. It WAS very awesome - we were on floor 5 which is the same floor as the monorail and my DS7 is an absolute monorail freak so it couldn't have been any better. I think the biggest benefit for us with the tower room was a balcony. We have 3 little kids who all take naps at Disney so it's nice to have the balcony for us to sit on while they nap. Have a great trip!

Hi - We just stayed 6 nights at the CR for a convention in March. My MIL also stayed 3 nights there too, also at a convention rate. When we looked at our reservation online it said Tower - Bay Lake View. My MILs said Garden Wing standard view. So, I was hopeful but not very optimistic. Upon arrival we were given a garden wing room. I told the check in lady about the online saying Tower etc, and she said she would check on it. About 10 minutes later she said that she could get us in the tower room but my MIL would have to be garden wing. I took it! We have never been able to afford a tower room and have always loved the garden wing rooms too but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask as this would be our only chance to ever stay in the tower. It WAS very awesome - we were on floor 5 which is the same floor as the monorail and my DS7 is an absolute monorail freak so it couldn't have been any better. I think the biggest benefit for us with the tower room was a balcony. We have 3 little kids who all take naps at Disney so it's nice to have the balcony for us to sit on while they nap. Have a great trip!

Thanks!! It's so encouraging to hear these stories!! Honestly, I'm so excited to just be there, the room won't be a huge deal. My best friend is also going with me and we'll be celebrating our 45th birthdays, too. It will be a great trip no matter what!

We had the contemporary in our room block for our wedding this past November. Rooms are booked through the conventions group when we created a block so we booked our garden wing room just like many who are attending a convention. It just so happened that the contemporary was pretty busy that weekend, so no one in our group, including us (the bride and groom) were upgraded to the tower. It was very obvious on our reservation that we were there for our wedding (when we checked in the woman at the desk congratulated us without us telling her anything about our stay). Other people working the desk had checked in other members of our party and asked us for wedding details... And then pointed us in the direction of our garden wing rooms.

We were fine with this, and I didn't expect an upgrade. Just want the OP to be aware that it might not happen. We loved the garden wing. The walk to the main building didn't bother us at all and we were facing the canal which was nice and quiet. We were on the first floor so we had a nice patio and I have nothing negative to say at all about the garden wing rooms.

Enjoy your stay!

I went to a conference back on 2008 and was put in a tower room with a lake view. I didn't even realize it was a big deal until I found out that my parents, who where traveling with us, ended up in the garden wing. I guess I got lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter