"Control, Control...You Must Learn Control" - SWW May 2015 Dining Report - 5/30 Boathouse

Your sampling looks great, I wished I had gone to the smoke house but I just could not eat anymore that day I was solo sampling in Epcot! Last time I want I SWW was two years ago solo and went at night to but the regular merchandise with no line at all! Ain't nobody got time for those kind of lines :rotfl:at least this girl doesn't :thumbsup2

I totally get not being able to eat more booths after having sampled a few! This go around I was much kinder to my stomach than I was in April when I totally overdid it. At least there are less booths to conquer than F&W!

This girl doesn't have time for 4 hour waits to shop either! Drinking and Eating is always a better option even if I do end up getting an ADR cancellation charge! (Although looking at my credit card, it doesn't seem like they charged me yet)

Don't know how I missed the start, but I'm here now. So jealous you can drive a few hours and be in Disney.

Your villa looks amazing. Thanks for the pics.

Love the last minute ADR score, right up my alley.

Mmmmm, your F&G items looks great. Especially the burnt ends, good call on ordering two. I just read earlier today about the sake booth in Japan. Not sure how I missed it before, but gotta try me some sparkling sake

It is both a blessing and a curse to live so close to Disney for my budget. I love only being 3 hours away but it tempts me to go more than we probably should some days.

The sake booth is in the back shop of Japan where all the candy is. There isn't always someone manning it but you can just have the cashier get you a glass instead. We usually skip it as well but my husband was already buying up the store so I figured I might as well get some enjoyment out of it anyway ;)

I'm sad to have missed the F&G festival this year but at least we'll be at F&W in the fall! Great reviews so far! We love Citricos too, I'm glad its still not too popular so we can still get last minute reservations most of the time :)

I've loved the addition of the booths to F&G as its becoming such a mini F&W Festival. We'll be back at F&W too. When are your dates? I'm glad it isn't too popular either as I don't want to be locked out of there for last minute trips.

L'Artisan des Glaces

After we finished shopping in Japan, we headed to my husband's favorite place to have a snack in all of EPCOT as he loves their ice cream.

ZRlYd93.jpg

ZlkR5Aj.jpg

vgL11rK.jpg

Mint Chocolate Chip in Waffle Cone & Lemon with Crispy Meringue in a Waffle Cone

My husband usually always gets the same thing. He loves his Mint Chocolate Chip from there! Maybe one day he'll try something different ;)

I went with something different than my usual choice of a macaron and had a single scoop of the Lemon with Crispy Meringue. I was surprised with how much I loved this ice cream! It reminded me of the filling inside those lemon cream sandwich cookies I used to have growing up at school events.​

There were so many things I liked from the booths at Epcot but everytime I passed by one I was already stuffed from something before :sad: The Taco al Pastor looks delicious and I love Chinese buns. Every time we passed Lotus House I wanted to grab something but DH would have to roll me out of World Showcase.

Honestly I don't know how you guys do it but :worship: for being able to drink alcohol while walking around the park. The heat wasn't ridiculous but I can't imagine having alcohol in my system after I get so tired. I'd get all :upsidedow Then again, I don't have much of a tolerance anyway.

Where exactly is the ice cream shop in France? We went inside by where they sell the fragrances and was around that area but I never saw that or the bakery. We got a bit turned around that I figured I had mistaken what country it was in. It looks so delicious.

I had the mint chocolate chip last week and it was very refreshing! On the ADR charge maybe they won't charge you after all :confused3

I had planned on us going to the bakery when we go to France because I thought "hmm, it's just ice cream". But that lemon with crispy meringue has me rethinking that plan!!

That lemon ice cream is a must try for me next year....... I am going to have to start making a list of goodies!

I'm in and looking forward to the rest of your reviews. I love Les Halles and those flavors look equally delicious. Yummy!

There were so many things I liked from the booths at Epcot but everytime I passed by one I was already stuffed from something before :sad: The Taco al Pastor looks delicious and I love Chinese buns. Every time we passed Lotus House I wanted to grab something but DH would have to roll me out of World Showcase.

Honestly I don't know how you guys do it but :worship: for being able to drink alcohol while walking around the park. The heat wasn't ridiculous but I can't imagine having alcohol in my system after I get so tired. I'd get all :upsidedow Then again, I don't have much of a tolerance anyway.

Where exactly is the ice cream shop in France? We went inside by where they sell the fragrances and was around that area but I never saw that or the bakery. We got a bit turned around that I figured I had mistaken what country it was in. It looks so delicious.

I've totally been rolled out of the World Showcase before but it isn't like I eat like that most days so while at Disney I'm a bit more indulgent than normal. Not getting to try things just makes more reasons for another trip ;)

I admit I have a slightly high tolerance to alcohol which is helpful. I'm used to having drinks in the heat as I do live in Southwest Florida & we have a fair amount of restaurants with patio type dining.

The ice cream shop in France is in the back area prior to the bakery. It takes up the spot that used to be the bakery in front of the entrance to Monsieur Paul. If you had kept going a bit more west from the fragrance store you would have found it! As you go into France by the gardens, just keep going left towards the back next time.

I had the mint chocolate chip last week and it was very refreshing! On the ADR charge maybe they won't charge you after all :confused3

My husband always says the same thing about that mint chocolate chip! He pretty much only gets mint chocolate chip at Disney as at home he never gets it. I don't think I'm going to get charged either as it still hasn't hit! Win for me!

Sparkling Sake? Dude!

I know right? It hit all the right notes!

Joining along! Mmm, that lemon meringue ice cream looks amazing!

It was amazing! So different than what type of ice cream I usually get but perfect for a hot spring day!

I had planned on us going to the bakery when we go to France because I thought "hmm, it's just ice cream". But that lemon with crispy meringue has me rethinking that plan!!

Oh, its more than just ice cream - its like a step above ice cream. I don't think my husband & I have taken a trip together and skipped it since it opened.

That lemon ice cream is a must try for me next year....... I am going to have to start making a list of goodies!

That list is probably going to be very long ;) So much stuff to enjoy!

I'm in and looking forward to the rest of your reviews. I love Les Halles and those flavors look equally delicious. Yummy!

Thank you for reading along! We've liked all the flavors we have tried, although some more than others.

Trader Sam's

After we finished with EPCOT, we were back at the Polynesian by 1:00PM. We relaxed, went to the gym at the Grand Floridian and then relaxed some more. As my husband was watching something geeky on his laptop, as it passed 3:00PM, I decided I was going to go to Trader Sam's for my entertainment value. I was the first in line in the outside waiting area so I took a seat and played on my phone as the crowd gathered for the 4:00PM opening.

The crowd is an interesting people watching behavior. Its amusing how many people didn't originally believe me that it was the waiting area outside by the Marina and one particular snobby family actually got a super attitude about it and made some snippy comments.

At 4:00PM, the groups of people were let in and I took my seat at the bar to be near Skipper Chris as he made lots of cocktails.

4XsNldV.jpg

Krakatoa Punch - Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Pyrat XO Reserve Rum, Orgest, Sam's Gorilla Grog and Hibiscus Grenadine.

I started with this as my first cocktail and get the volcano off!

8Z0u3Sg.jpg

I really enjoy this punch as the grog with the rum is a great mix!

T5nB4TG.jpg

The Walking Dead

For my second drink, I went strong!

NyH8xJS.jpg

Rum Flight: Bacardi 8 Year, Pyrat XO Reserve, Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 year

This was a good sipping drink to make sure I didn't too quickly enjoy it while watching the antics in the bar along with having a conversation with the patron next to me that was a runDisney fan along with Skipper Chris about Disney Runs (I was done with the Punch in less than 10 minutes)

YKNssG0.jpg

Water with the World's Longest Straw

I killed my time here until my husband was ready for us to head to the Grand Floridian for dinner. It is so much fun. I do hope that the waits get better as time goes on though.

Trader Sam's looks so fun. Another runDisney enthusiast here, so I can think of few things better than drinking at the Poly and talking races. :teeth:

Trader SAMs looks so great. Hoping we can get in there next trip. And rum flight. Yes please and thank you

Love Trader Sams! When we were there two weeks ago we checked in at 5 and were seated in a few minutes. String drinks lots of fun but we next time we are going to chill outside and listen to the live music, drink from the outside bar. Both options are great, something for everyone.

Love love love TS, I only have been to the DL since it has been there. Can't wait to try the new location.

That straw is obnoxious. :rotfl: I love it!

It is obnoxious but fun! It helps you see the backside of water ;)

Trader Sam's looks so fun. Another runDisney enthusiast here, so I can think of few things better than drinking at the Poly and talking races. :teeth:

It is a perfect afternoon for relaxing! Whats the next run you have scheduled at Disney?

Trader SAMs looks so great. Hoping we can get in there next trip. And rum flight. Yes please and thank you

I hope you can get there too! We should be able to get there in October as we are there 10 Nights but we'll see as with all the new options coming to DTD, we may be there more instead. I loved the Rum Flight! The glasses are now on our shelves!

Love Trader Sams! When we were there two weeks ago we checked in at 5 and were seated in a few minutes. String drinks lots of fun but we next time we are going to chill outside and listen to the live music, drink from the outside bar. Both options are great, something for everyone.

Thats great you guys got in so quickly after checking in! I wish we had a chance to hang out on the patio this trip after dinner but my husband wasn't feeling it so we didn't. That's probably a good thing for the budget though. The patio is close to style of how we go out here in Naples.

Love love love TS, I only have been to the DL since it has been there. Can't wait to try the new location.

The Disneyland one seems so great! We only got a cocktail togo there when we were in Disneyland in January, so I'm hoping next year when we go for the Star Wars Half we'll get to enjoy it more that Monday after the race! You will love the new location!

Narcoossee's

My husband was waiting for me outside after I picked up my souvenir glasses from Trader Sam's after settling my bill. we walked over to Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. It was nice out so it wasn't a bad walk at all! We arrived at restaurant opening at 5:30PM even though our reservation wasn't until 6:00PM but that wasn't an issue to be seated at arrival!

While we were looking over the menu, my husband had changed his mind on getting a bottle of wine as he stated he was too tired for that. He chose to get a single cider while I had a cocktail. It was refreshing but I drank it slowly in order to not get buzzed since I had a fair amount of alcohol at Trader Sam's.

PrVen1g.jpg

Sidecar

0EGT5OR.jpg

Slow-Poached and Chilled Shrimp w/ Citrus Remoulade

I started with the shrimp for my appetizer. It was a nice light start to the meal and I found the citrus to be really refreshing to enjoy as I had the shrimp.

V1EhBn2.jpg

Aunt Debby's Lovely Romaine Salad - Crisp Leaves of Young Romaine, Marinated Half-Dried Tomatoes Shaved Pecorino Romano, Garlicky Focaccia Croutons, Creamy Caesar Dressing

If my husband could be a salad, he would be a caesar salad. Then again, I remember him when he wouldn't touch it when we first started dating. Their caesar tastes the same as it always does each time we have had it. I stole a couple of bites to confirm it was nice!

0Iwc9kf.jpg

Chicken & Dumplings - Pan Roasted Breast of Chicken, House-made Herbed Potato Dumplings, Baby Carrots and Sweet Peas with Black Pepper Soubise and Sherry-Chicken Jus

I was really torn between the halibut but when faced with a last minute decision, I picked the chicken. This was probably the smartest choice I could have made! The Sherry-Chicken Jus was probably one of the best sauces I have ever had. I equated it to liquid crack as I couldn't get enough and if I had a spoon, I would have made sure I got every bit of it since I couldn't exactly lick the plate here. The chicken was well cooked and the potato dumplings were flavorful.

rf2bZKS.jpg

Grilled Filet Mignon - Boniato Idaho Creamed Potatoes, Pero Farms Organic Green & Yellow Wax Beans, Ramp Butter & Herbed Cabernet-Oxtail Reduction

The presentation for this filet is just weird as it feels this was the wrong plate to use if they wanted to make a line of potatoes. My husband really did enjoy his filet though as it was cooked to the correct temperature for him! He finished it off along with about half of the potatoes.

Our server was attentive as well, never letting our water get low and not making us feel bad for skipping dessert after looking over the menu and feeling there was nothing we had to have. We had skipped Narcoossee's our last few trips but it will make its way back into our must do for October as we really enjoy it!​

Everything looks delicious. I really wanted to try Narcoosee's but couldn't quite fit it in. I'm happy to hear that your meal went well and you had good service. I've never seen a presentation like that for a steak before. The potatoes look fantastic and oh so fancy.

You didn't get the Almond Crusted Cheesecake???? Oh dear goodness. :cry:

But your chicken dish looked amazing. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter