Contract Numbers...

DWorldOrBust

There's no place like home...
When buying resale, does the Disney contract number stay the same? Or does Disney issue a new contract number to the new owner?

New contract # to the new owner-if you give them the old contract # when you call they can see if it is still active under the old owner-when they transfer it over it gets a new contract # (or under your current contract # if you are already an owner and it is titled the same way)

New contract # to the new owner-if you give them the old contract # when you call they can see if it is still active under the old owner-when they transfer it over it gets a new contract # (or under your current contract # if you are already an owner and it is titled the same way)

We bought resale first and I'm pretty sure that we got the original contract number and we inherited the original "owner since" date on our member ID.

When we later bought direct, different UY, we got a new original number.

:earsboy: Bill

I double checked in case I was mistaken but the contract # on the resale agreement we signed back in Dec is different than the contract # listed in our DVC member account-when we got our DVC member cards in the mail (which DVC member # is yet a different # than contract #) it lists member since Feb 2015 not the prev member's orig date. It seems that things have changed since the prev poster bought resale (maybe when they started the resale restrictions on points)

I double checked in case I was mistaken but the contract # on the resale agreement we signed back in Dec is different than the contract # listed in our DVC member account-when we got our DVC member cards in the mail (which DVC member # is yet a different # than contract #) it lists member since Feb 2015 not the prev member's orig date. It seems that things have changed since the prev poster bought resale (maybe when they started the resale restrictions on points)

Thank you everyone. I have been calling to try and get my member number and was using the contract number on my resale agreement. I'll just start using my name, hopefully I have a member number soon.

Thank you everyone. I have been calling to try and get my member number and was using the contract number on my resale agreement. I'll just start using my name, hopefully I have a member number soon.

They have always found me using my SSN.

They have always found me using my SSN.

I didn't think about using my SSN, thank you Bill! Are they open on the weekends? I'm wondering if it is worth it to call this weekend to try and get my member number.

I didn't think about using my SSN, thank you Bill! Are they open on the weekends? I'm wondering if it is worth it to call this weekend to try and get my member number.
Member Services is open on the weekends, but Member Administration and Member Accounting are only open M-F.

You might want to call MS with your SSN and see if they will help.

Interesting point. When we bought our resale our cards had the original member since date of 2005. I had to get a new card in Feb and the new one has the date we bought 2010.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter