Contemporry Resort & Microwave

EMHDad

DIS Veteran
Do the standard rooms have microwaves? Can one request one? Is there an extra cost? If not, any ideas from anyone about what I could do? Thank you.

There are not microwaves on the rooms, and I am not sure about requesting them, but there are definitely a handful of microwaves in the Contempo Cafe that you could use.

We just got back last night from staying at the Contemporary and there were no microwaves in our tower room, but it wasn't too bad taking a few things down to the cafe and using the microwave (better than the 1st part of the trip at AOA LM room which required quite a hike to warm up things in a mircowave) :thumbsup2 .

Thank you for the help. It sounds like it wounded be tacky to take a couple of things to heat up in the contempo cafe. I appreciate the info.

Not tacky- smart :thumbsup2 . I am sure there were others not on the dining plan that wished they had thought to bring a few things from home to warm up after seeing the cost to feed a family of 4 at every meal. We brought things from home to warm up and then supplemented with an order of fries and some fresh fruit in order to cut some costs down. My husband thought it was tacky too at first until he realized that even if the four of us shared meals we still had at least $20 for each meal. He got over his aversion to using the microwave quickly :rolleyes1 . He did find it helpful to use one of the brown bags with handles that they have at the contempo cafe in order to carry back the hot food items. Have a great trip. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter