Contemporary Resort Garden Wing/South Wing

DisneyMomChristine

Mouseketeer
Is there a difference between the Garden Wing & South Wing at Contemporary Resort? Or, are they the same?

Also, I've read that these rooms can be quite a distance from the monorail - can anyone tell me about how long of a walk it is? And how far of a walk from those rooms to MK?

Thanks in advance!

Is there a difference between the Garden Wing & South Wing at Contemporary Resort? Or, are they the same?

Also, I've read that these rooms can be quite a distance from the monorail - can anyone tell me about how long of a walk it is? And how far of a walk from those rooms to MK?

Thanks in advance!

Yes they are the same. The north wing was taken down and replaced with BLT.

I just stayed there recently and didn't have any problems with distance. Compared to values and mods the distance seems small. Also rooms at GF and Poly can also be a distance from main building.

You walk through building then go outside along a covered path and into lobby. Then either walk through lobby and exit right for busses, for monorail take elevator or escalator to 4th floor. From there take the escalator to 5th floor .
Only takes a few minutes.

The GW was nice. Rooms were the same as in the tower, just no balconies. We liked being near pool/hot tub/ boat dock.

Also my family can do the walk to MK in 10 minutes or less but we walk on the fast side. Compared to our home it seems easy because it is a flat walk and you are busy admiring the view of Disney

Yes they are the same. The north wing was taken down and replaced with BLT.

I just stayed there recently and didn't have any problems with distance. Compared to values and mods the distance seems small. Also rooms at GF and Poly can also be a distance from main building.

You walk through building then go outside along a covered path and into lobby. Then either walk through lobby and exit right for busses, for monorail take elevator or escalator to 4th floor. From there take the escalator to 5th floor .
Only takes a few minutes.

The GW was nice. Rooms were the same as in the tower, just no balconies. We liked being near pool/hot tub/ boat dock.

Also my family can do the walk to MK in 10 minutes or less but we walk on the fast side. Compared to our home it seems easy because it is a flat walk and you are busy admiring the view of Disney

The rooms in the South Wing building have what are called French balconies. A sliding door will open, but there is no where to go. It is blocked with railings. To get to the monorail took us five minutes or less. The two buildings are just steps apart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter