Contemporary or Beach Club Villas for Spring Break

linnylu

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip for myself and my 2 children ages 10 and 14 for the week after Easter. I already booked the Beach Club Villas for the week, but now I am wondering if the Contemporary would be a better choice? We are getting park hopper tickets and I want to be able to easily get to a park each evening, but my DH isn't sure that our kids will like Epcot as much as they would like the Magic Kingdom. Can anyone share their thoughts on this?

I think the pool at the Beach Club looks amazing, but how much time will we really have for the pool if this is the kids' first time at Disney World?

Or is there another resort that it is also easy to get to the Magic Kingdom from?

Please help me. The choices are overwhelming and since my DH is staying home with our older son, he isn't all that interested in helping me figure out the best choice.

We had this same dilemma. I think the Poly might be the easiest to get to both MK and Epcot. The monorail for both are right there.

We ended up picking BCV bc we wanted a 2bedroom villa so Poly was out. BLT and its proximity to MK was beat out by the pool at BCV.

My vote would be to stay with BC. You'd be surprised how much your kids will enjoy EPCOT, walking back from Illuminations. The busses to MK are fairly quick and efficient. SAB can't be beat. You'll also have the Boardwalk the enjoy and a boat ride to DHS.

Don't try to do everything in one week. Enjoy the resort, SAB, and pace yourself at the parks. You and your kids will have a much more enjoyable trip, and once the kids finish telling your DH what a gret time they had, you'll be booking another trip in no time.

Enjoy!!

That's a tough call. I've stayed at YC (attached to BC) and CR and both offer definite pluses.

Whether or not you have time for swimming depends on how long you'll be there and what your kids ended up being interested in at the parks. I've gone on two 6 night trips, one 4 night trip, and have a 3 night trip coming up (that will be a challenge!). On the two 6 night trips, I found that I had plenty of time to swim. Granted, I don't have kids, but you'd be surprised what you can do in 7 days! You'd probably still have time on a 5 night trip. Anything less than that and you may have trouble squeezing swimming time in. The BC/YC complex does have the best swimming pool I've ever experienced, though. If your kids like to swim, that's the place to be.

The Contemporary has amazing views, but the pool didn't look very interesting (I could see it from my room). The walk to MK is nice, but then again, so is the walk from the BC to Epcot. The advantage to the Contemporary is that you can board the monorail inside the hotel and get to Epcot via the TTC monorail. So it allows for pretty easy access to both of those parks.

BC will offer walking to Epcot and a boat to the Studios. It's an easy bus ride to MK though.

Hopefully this information will be helpful in making a decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!