Contemporary, North or South side?

GoingtoWDWagain

All because two people fell in love.....
Hi everyone, this will be our first time staying @ the Contemporary resort :teeth: . We will be staying in a standard garden wing room. Which side should I request North or South side? What are the pro's to each side? We will be spending lots of time at the pool and also have a toddler. Can I see the water show and/or castle from any of the two sides?

Thanks in advance for any information!

I have not stayed in the South, but I would vote North. You are closer to MK, walking distance. We had a bay view room and it was nice and quiet. I think we could have seen the water parade, but we were never back in the room in time! The rest of our family had the MK side, but you could really only see the parking lot and the GF from their rooms (all on the second floor). It was nice just walking the stroller back to the room after a late night at MK! The pool is basically in the middle, but the playground is closer to the North also.

Thanks Ellester, for the information :teeth: !

Anyone have info about the South side?

Which side is closer to the pool and food court?

Water Parade view from both sides?

Please help, with any information :confused:

Thanks in advance!

We've stayed in both wings at the Contemporary, as well as in the Tower building.

I prefer the North Wing, for the same reasons mentioned below. If you request a room in the first corridor near the Tower building, you are just steps from the Food N Fun Center. You also are a 5 min walk from MK. The playground is also located just off the North Wing. The bus stop is also located in front of the main building on the North Wing side.

The South Wing is located closer to the pool - the pool is just off the exit doors to the wing building. This wing is closer to the convention center portion of the main building.

As far as views, with a standard wing room - you will probably get a view of the parking lot. In the North Wing - that also means facing the MK - but there are trees in the way. With a garden view - you will be facing either the pool/playground areas, or Bay Lake.

With a Bay Lake view, or even many of the pool views, you can see the Electrical Water Pageant from your room. Otherwise, you just step outside and can see it from the playground or pool areas.

You also can go up into the main building to see the castle from the observation decks. There are three - one on the 4th floor, and 2 on the 15th floor. These are great spots to watch the nightly fireworks from MK.

Have a magical trip!

Thanks a bunch CRCrazy, I think I'll try the North Side. Your post was really detailed and I can almost picture it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter