Contemporary full for next March 2007?

mommyintn

DIS Veteran
Called CRO today about pricing for the Contemporary for next March and all that was available was 1 bed suite MK view. Are they really sold out of regular rooms or will this change when packages come out? :confused3

My bet is a large convention has blocked off a big chunk of rooms.

Has happened to me before.

It probably is due to a convention, but also because an entire block of rooms is blacked out for now--I tried to book a standard wing for May 2007 yesterday and all I could get was a garden view wing for $60 more per night. I asked why all the standard wings would be gone already and the CM said that an entire block of rooms was unavailable, probably due to the renovation of the rooms. I'm guessing he was referring to the North Wing.

I tried for late Jan 2007 and was told only club and suites were available, and that's supposed to be a pretty slow time. All I could figure is either it's a convention or for some reason availability isn't loaded for all the rooms and CRO may not know that. It's a stretch I know but since they don't have 2007 rates online it makes me kinda wonder . . . makes me wonder more since several people are finding little available at the CR, with different time frames?

Could also be Spring Break. We stayed at the CR in March a few years ago and it was packed! We did not get access to our room until after 7:00 pm.

We tried for Feb 07 and all tower rooms were booked. We had to book a 12 floor room, but then we couldn't get the MKV. ???

We too had trouble with availability the first week of February 2007. Turns out that the International Builder's convention is that week as well as 2 separate cheer/dance competitions. I'm assuming that there are blocks of rooms being held and that they'll open up later. We did get the tower/mk view that we wanted, but not without much worry!! Keep checking back!

Mom of 2 princesses

princess: 5 princess: 3

I just googled Contemporary Conventions 2007 and LOTS of them are popping up from middle of January, middle of March/April and lots in May when I was trying to book. I read today on these boards that AAA rates should be out in a couple days so I plan to call back and see if any standard wings open up as a result of that. For now I have the Beach Club booked, which would be just fine, but if I could save a little at the CR in a std I'd do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter