Contemporary CL vs Poly CL

squeaky_penguin

Mouseketeer
We are staying CL at the Contemporary this august. The past couple of trips we stayed at The Poly CL. We would like to try a new resort, but part of me thinks we should go back to The Poly. What are some things that are different and unique about Contemporary? If you stayed at both which one did you like better? Try and persuade me to not switch resorts!

We are staying CL at the Contemporary this august. The past couple of trips we stayed at The Poly CL. We would like to try a new resort, but part of me thinks we should go back to The Poly. What are some things that are different and unique about Contemporary? If you stayed at both which one did you like better? Try and persuade me to not switch resorts!

If you're staying in August, I would think the ability to wait for the monorail in air conditioned comfort would be all the reason you'd need. ;) Seriously, having everything under one roof is pure gold, the shopping & dining at Contemporary are fabulous, you can walk to MK (though I'd be inclined not to in August....), and you can watch the fireworks from the CL lounge while enjoying an adult beverage. :thumbsup2

I have stayed at both and loved both. CR July 2011 and Poly April 2013(just got back). The only thing I will mention is that the poly lounge has just been updated with new carpeting, new chair coverings etc. It was GORGEOUS! Otherwise I would gladly stay at both again anytime! I stayed at poly 3 times previously in the month of August and got wet everyday at 3p Florida rain time! Cr would keep you drier. Really though both would be awesome so just pick one and visit the other while you are there. :)

I just made this choice for a late summer trip as well. We chose CR mostly because of the weather issue. Having everything in one building seemed ideal given that it was guaranteed to be muggy and very hot and it could rain. While its not a long walk, the idea of being able to catch and leave the monorail from inside the building seemed preferable to having to still be outside for those last few steps to our room. It may seem lazy, but when we visit Disney parks we are usually exhausted when we leave (granted we usually go to Disneyland where we typically spend only one day so we are a bit more intense than we hopefully will be on this trip), having to deal with those final steps through the FL summer seemed like a dealbreaker. Also, we liked the decor at the CR slightly better.

What ended up sealing the deal for us was that CR was slightly cheaper. We couldn't come up a good enough reason to pay a premium for the Poly when everything seemed to be pointing in the CR's direction anyways.

are you staying with a MK view? Well, the only thing I can say is that when we stayed CL at the Contemporary....I realized that I could lie in bed and watch the castle change colors. I didn't get much sleep that week! I would take that over the Poly any day of the week!!!!!!! Plus, after watching fireworks it was nice to not have to wait for the monorail with the masses and just take a nice walk back to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter