Contemporary Almost sold out this coming weekend?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by lililoo12, Jan 13, 2013.

1. lililoo12

lililoo12 Mouseketeer

I planned a trip for this upcoming weekend 17th-20th and all of contemporary is unavailable except the garden wing standard view rooms. Does anyone know what is going on that weekend? Maybe a huge convention etc? I am thinking of changing resorts but wanted to be walking distance to MK as I hear the monorails are being shut down all the time and this trip MK is the main focus.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Lisa75

Lisa75 Mouseketeer

MLK weekend?

4. lililoo12

lililoo12 Mouseketeer

yes but all other resorts are not sold out they way contemporary is...and Disneys hours are awfully short considering it is MLK weekend. MK to close at 8pm friday on a "holiday" weekend.

5. mybatmobile87

mybatmobile87 Mouseketeer

I'm not sure what's going on but when I was originally looking at which hotel to stay at, over 6 months ago, all the club level rooms at Contemporary were already sold out.

6. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

Probably a convention

7. nanhol

nanhol Always counting down to the next trip!

Contemporary club level (at least one floor, not sure if both) is being refurbished along with California Grill. I'm not sure for how long it will be unavailable.

I tried to book Contemporary for early Feb 6 months ago and all rooms for 5 were booked up (at that time doubles were still available). I wonder if they're refurbing other rooms at this time, too?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8. MinnieGirl33

MinnieGirl33 Hockey Mom

California Grill closes Feb 4 for an extensive rehab. As of now, only re-open info is "Late Summer 2013".