Contact after using DVC online reservation form?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by TifffanyD, Jan 9, 2009.

1. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

Hi all,

I filled out theo nline reservation request on dvcmember.com on tuesday. They said I would be contacted within 2 business days, which seems like it would be thursday at the latest. I didn't hear anything and didn't see my request get fulfilled on the site. Will I get contacted if it is unavailable? Wondering how long I should wait until I call. Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

I would probably call them and check. January is usually a busy time as people are making December reservations. I used it back in December for a Nov 2009 reservation and it was confirmed on the same day.

4. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

hmmm I wonder what happens when you get denied tho

I am usually not home by the time they close, that's why I haven't checked. Maybe tomorrow

5. kimberh

kimberh DIS Veteran

I used the online process last week, at the two day mark I did get a response that I did not have enough points to make the reservation. They checked the wrong contract...which at this point I picked up the phone and made the call.

6. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

Thanks, that answers my question. I will just have to call tomorrow, I guess. I thought doing it online on tuesday would beat calling on saturday

7. diswish

diswish Mouseketeer

I had the same problem with an online request made on Tuesday. I called this morning and made the reservation by phone. He assured me that the email request would be cancelled when they see there is already a reservation - we'll see. The CM was surprised that the phone message encourages people to use the online options.

8. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

Hmmm maybe they were having issues on Tuesday. If they were busy you would think they would have a note saying it could take longer. Grrr

9. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

oooh so I got home today and finally had a reply. But it wasn't a reservation - just a question about it. I made it home in time to call and they found out there was no availability anyways - so I was able to waitlist for the 2 days I wanted to change on my existing reservation. Looks like I was worrying for nothing.