Construction on 192

Emme

DIS Veteran
We will be down in April and I'm wondering how the construction is effecting traffic on 192. We will be staying in a "Maingate West" hotel by Splendid China. Will it effect us greatly going in and out of the parks? Our hotel is about 2.5 miles west on 192 from the Disney maingate. Thanks! ;)

This section should be pretty much okay, I think. The main problem area at the monet seems to be the section East from where I-4 crosses 192

We didn't find it too bad on the west side. If you go to the parks quite early you won't notice much traffic at all. It was heavier when we drove along it after about 9am but still moving.

Oct/Nov 1987 Travelodge Maingate East (WDW)
1991 Anaheim (DL)
1993 Camp Davey Crockett (DLP)
1995 Hotel Cheyenne (DLP)
1996 Sequoia Lodge (DLP)
Oct 1997 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Mar 2000 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Feb 2001 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Dec 2001/Jan 2002 Esprit Villa (WDW)

I am staying at Westgate Vacation Villas right now. The traffic on 192 is horrible. Very hard to get in and out of the side streets. Traffic is slow moving to and from the park areas. Should not be any better in April. They are saying it will be years before this road work is done

What I don't understand is why its taking so long. They've been doing the 192 for years and whenever we go back nothing much seems to have changed.
When we were there in Feb they were doing the pavements and planting palm trees! Since nobody really walks along the 192 this doesn't seem like a priority to me.

Oct/Nov 1987 Travelodge Maingate East (WDW)
1991 Anaheim (DL)
1993 Camp Davey Crockett (DLP)
1995 Hotel Cheyenne (DLP)
1996 Sequoia Lodge (DLP)
Oct 1997 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Mar 2000 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Feb 2001 Esprit Villa(WDW)
Dec 2001/Jan 2002 Esprit Villa (WDW)

Nobody walks because at the moment they can't. If they build a proper pavement/sidewalk, along with a safe way of crossing the road then more people might.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter