Construction at the CSR?

TinkOhio

DIS Veteran
I just read an update on Mouse Planet that noise from construction on the convention facilities at the CSR could be heard at the Casitas area. We will be there this Christmas break and requested Cabanas or Casitas area when we made the reservation. (I would love to stay in the Cabanas area, but have heard that they are hard to come by. We don't like the look of the Ranchos area, so we included the Casitas area in our ressie because we would rather end up there than the Ranchos if we don't get in at the Cabanas.)

Has anyone recently stayed at the Casitas and heard the noise? Do you think that the noise would be heard at night? Or during the holidays? Also, should I take the Casitas part out of our ressie and hope for the best, or should I play it safe and include the Casitas?:confused:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

We haven't stayed there with the noise but I will tell you that we stayed in the Ranchos in September of last year and they were great. We didn't mind the "isolation" or the walk.....loved the walk actually to the main building. Plus we had our own bus depot our own quiet pool (which we had to ourselves most of the time) and it was a very short walk to the big main pool. So don't be scared....stay in the Ranchos and get away from the noise, I think you will be pleasantly surprised! :Pinkbounc

If I had my choice I would like to stay in the Ranchos. But my DH loves the Casitas, #3 to be exact. I don't mind the walk but he says it's him who has to run for breakfast when everyone is getting ready and HE likes to be closer in.
Also this trip we will be joined by my brother, wife and 3 kids, 2 being 5 & 2yrs old and that may be a little far out for them.

If there is noise it will probably be during the day when we will be at the parks. They usually don't work past a certain time in the afternoon, certainly not after 5 p.m. I wouldn't worry about it. I just requested the Casitas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter