Consolidated Information for 1st Timer?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MelInAZ, May 9, 2014.

1. MelInAZ

MelInAZ Earning My Ears

Greetings,

I have just booked a Bahama cruise on the Dream for March 2015 for our family of 4 (after spending countless hours on this board - great information!) and I have a bunch of questions. This will be our first cruise…on any cruise line. Is there a thread with information for first timers? I searched and couldn't find one so if it is out there and I missed it, my apologies.

I've seen information about tips, gifts, pirate parties, decorating doors and more in several different threads and feel like there's so much I don't know, even after spending a bevy of hours researching. :)

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I'd suggest checking out the FAQ sticky on the first page, if you haven't already. Some of the info is a little dated, but it's mostly true. And keep hanging out here. Ask specific questions about anything that's not clear. We're mostly a friendly/helpful bunch here. :goodvibes

4. MelInAZ

MelInAZ Earning My Ears

Thanks PrincessShmoo - I didn't even see the FAQ post. :blush:

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

And I'd say, just take it easy and relax... :) There's so much to do, it'll take you several cruises to do it...

6. Swimmergirl

Swimmergirl DIS Veteran

7. Uncleromulus

Uncleromulus <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Do yourself a favor and get the Passporter Disney Cruise Line book.

IT's what we did for our first cruise last year and it was invaluable. Plus all the information is very easy to find.

We then used these Boards to fine tune things and ask specific questions....

8. SillyInventor

SillyInventor DIS Veteran

In 6 weeks we will be first timer cruisers also :cool1:. The main message I learned from this Board (and other sources) was: accept you can't do it all and don't even try to. A Bahamian cruise (3 or 4 days) is way too short to do Nassau, Castaway Cay and all of the Dream ship, so choose what you really, really want to do and just let it flow and see what else will happen. You will have missed lot's of the Ship's activities no matter what. It will be the most fun if you allow yourself time to enjoy unplanned surprises.
    Happy planning:thumbsup2

9. ilovetexas

ilovetexas DIS Veteran

^^This. I wouldn't research/plan your first cruise. Anything you HAVE to know as a first time cruiser, DCL will tell you about. Pack some clothes and sunscreen, take your passports/credit cards and head for the ship. Start obsessing about details on your second cruise.

10. MelInAZ

MelInAZ Earning My Ears

Great advice - thank you everyone!!