Considering buying at my age?

We have 2 boys, 14 and 11 and I have to say DH and I enjoyed going to Disney b/4 children so I can't imagine that we would not enjoy going even more with our grandchildren. We eventually wanted our children to have a little piece of Disney.......How can you go wrong with that right

hey your 1st post welcome to the Dis.

DW and I bought in 2002 at 54/56 and our kids were 24/26 and they still go with us but in there own rooms:lmao:

I just got back from the College Program. I'm 21, my brother is going to be 19and my sister is 15.

We just bought into DVC while I was a CM in September, and everyone in my family is so excited about it. Actually, we just booked our first trip "home" for May, and we all can't wait. (Though, we're not going home, we're going to WL villas, but I suppose that works too!)

I don't know if they're still running the promotion, but we got QUITE the deal with the cast member discount. Honestly, too good of a deal to pass up.

We vacation at Disney about every other year or so, sometimes more, and we figured it would pay for itself in 5 years with the amount of points we bought.

If your family consists of a bunch of Disney geeks like mine (which it probably does if your son is on the CP), go for it!

Well I bought several years ago, but I am older then you with no kids and I love my DVC.

Thanks for all of your responses! I keep thinking back to the time that I became completely enamored...I accompanied DH on a business trip for a week, staying at POR and not visiting any parks! We toured other Florida attractions, but not one Disney park! And I still ccouldn't get enough!

Since then, we taken the boys and they love it! The oldest also completed the Careerstar program. So I guess we are Disney "geeks" and, yes, the discount is really influencing my decision.

I'm calling tomorrow!!!

Thanks for all of your responses! I keep thinking back to the time that I became completely enamored...I accompanied DH on a business trip for a week, staying at POR and not visiting any parks! We toured other Florida attractions, but not one Disney park! And I still ccouldn't get enough!

Since then, we taken the boys and they love it! The oldest also completed the Careerstar program. So I guess we are Disney "geeks" and, yes, the discount is really influencing my decision.

I'm calling tomorrow!!!

Good for you!!! :goodvibes I'm glad you decided to take the plunge! I sent you a PM with some information....

Bob

I think you're probably about the "right" age to purchase. While it's true it would be great for young families to buy, many of them don't have the money and/or need the money to buy houses, etc. The original folks who bought DVC were more grandparents than parents. WDW and DVC are great for families and someday you may have your grandkids down for family reunions. But it is also a wonderful vacation for singles and couples!

We bought this past year at 41 and 46. Our only DD is 12. I vote "go fo it" if you love WDW. DH and I just returned from our first trip to OKW (w/o DD) and it was a wonderful trip for us!

I think you should go on ahead and buy in too. I'm 47 and my husband is 50 and we have two grown kids (28, 27) and a grand kid (5). My husband and I have decided we'd go to WDW once or twice a year and then bring our family ... daughter, 28; son, 27; grandson, 5; and son's fiancee, 22 with us once a year in addition to our trips. They all love Disneyworld and find plenty to do while down there. Your "kids" may have lots of fun there also.

With 5 children, ages 16 to 25, I should buy more points. I think at least one will always go with me to Disney every year if they can. In fact, I can not imagine going without them. Once I get grandchildren I will get to go on so many of the rides the others think they are to old for. I will also have grandchildren that are thrilled to do charactor dining. The last charactor dining my kids went to they were very annoyed when I had to go back to the car to get the camera. It was not like our table was ready yet.

The more I think of it the more points we will need.

Go for it.

I was 50 when I bought DVC. My son was in the college program. His discount was a HUGE influence in making the decision! With the promo at the time + his discount, it was way too good to pass up! It made it affordable for us and has given us opportunites that we would not have otherwise. Empty nest now and No regrets! I plan to go with or without the grown kids.

You'll find that it's great to experience the magic no matter what age you are!
Go for it!

pixiedust:

I wanted to buy in when our kids were younger, but we didn't feel we could afford to. When we finally purchased in 2005 I was 43 and DH was 48. Our children were in college. We're looking forward to many years of magic with our children and grandchildren.

My only advice would be to break up your points into some smaller contracts in case you decide you don't need so many later on or you decide to give some to your children. The smaller contracts are much easier to sell.

We just bought this week, my DH is 46 I am 45, our oldest son graduates college in May, our other son is out of high school 19, our daughter 14. We bought a resale thru the timeshare store, we know we will enjoy the vacations and thought it was, time to treat ourselves. I think there is no happier place than wdw. We wish we would have bought sooner considering we have been to WDW 15 times, we would have saved a bunch of money.

We bought our first OKW contract in 1993 at age 46. Since then we have added an additional contract at OKW and in 2005 added another contract at SSR. We have no children, but we love bringing family and friends to share the "Disney experience".

We started going to WDW in 1985 and vacationed there every once every 12 to 18 months. We like the luxury hotels and once the GF opened that became our favorite. When OKW first opened, we were not inclined to look at it because we enjoyed the GF or the BC so much. During our 1993 trip we had some down time before our flight so we took the tour. I'm not sure what we expected, but we were actually blown away. We signed up immediately and have never looked back.

Now we schedule two trips in 11 months and then take a break for 17 or 18 months. That way we get the maximum value out of our AP and the annual golf membership.

I am 43 and DH is a bit younger ;). However, my children are 19 and 16. My DH's is 4. To be honest, my teenagers are just as excited for the trips we are planning as the 4 year old. And if you really want to know - the oldest one in the family (me) is thee most excited!!

We also love vacationing alone at Disney - so many romantic options. And we cannot wait to someday tote along the grandchildren!!

Enjoy!

Ellen and Brian

DW and I just joined a couple of weeks ago. I am 45 and DW 43. My DS is 21 and my DD 18. Now that my kids are older and I am better off financially we took the plunge. Back when my kids were younger we would go every couple of years, sometimes more. We did the parks commando though so we were hardly ever at our resort. Now when we go we go at a much slower pace and tend to spend alot more time at the resort. My kids are already asking to borrow some points to go down on their own. Plus in the future we will be able to get the grandkids hooked on Disney at an early age.:yay:

My husband and I were 45 kids were 23 & 21 and I don't regret it for a moment. My kids use it and we use it. My daughter was also on the college program. Don't forget to ask your guide about the discount for college program it saved us big time.

My DH and I bought in 2004 when he was 51 and I was 49. We are so glad that we made that decision,we've never regretted it. I would do one thing differently and that would be to put our first contract into smaller pieces. Instead of one 400 pt. contract I would make it two or three smaller ones. Buy, we have as much fun in the planning of a vacation as actually going on the trip with or without our grown children.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter