connecting room VS one room

Misako

Mouseketeer
I have three kids age of 13, 6, and 1. Get two room with connecting room or get deluxe family room? pro and con? We are thinking about on Magic in Feb 2015.

We are also a family of 5 & booked 2 connecting rooms for the extra bathroom & privacy ;)

Check out the pricing to compare a deluxe family cabin versus connecting cabins (which of course you can get at a lower category), but for me, it's only pros for the connecting cabins: two toilets, two showers, more space, more storage, and more flexibility if some want to sleep later (or go to bed earlier) than others. We are also a family of five and have always had connecting cabins.

Thank you for the input.:thumbsup2
So... When I make resevation for connecting room. Can I do from web site?

Thank you for the input.:thumbsup2
So... When I make resevation for connecting room. Can I do from web site?

Yes, somewhere in the process of making the reservation for the first room, there's a link to "add additional room" or something like that. Sorry, I can't remember exactly where it is.

Yes when I booked online I also had a schematic of the deckplans plans open in Google - the one on the DCL site is very hard to see. So I knew ahead which category we wanted & had a list of connecting rooms written down.

After you input the first room there is a little button (hard to see) "select stateroom". Then I input one of the connecting rooms I wanted. Selected "add another stateroom" then again entered the room connected. If one was taken I just started over with the next set of rooms.

Then because I am neurotic I called to make sure they connected lol! At least I didn't have to pay international charges like I do when I phone WDW! Hope this helps :)

We just got back from our first Disney cruise on the Magic. We are a family of 5 - 18DD, 15DS, and 12DD. We booked 2 connecting rooms with a large porthole - I think it was a category 11 deluxe outside view room.

The space was awesome. We never felt cramped at all. The extra bathrooms were very useful. At first we propped the connecting doors open with some trash cans then our housekeeper provided us with floor door stops. worked like a charm.

We booked through a TA and had no problem picking out which rooms we wanted. She even called Disney to make sure that our selections actually were connecting rooms. As I remember, it was cheaper for us to book our 2 rooms than to book 1 room that would fit us all.

How can you be sure the connecting "wall" between the two balconies can be removed? Are there some that cannot?

How can you be sure the connecting "wall" between the two balconies can be removed? Are there some that cannot?

All veranda partitions have a door that opens up and locks in place. It's about half the partition. Except deck 10. Not all are operable on 10 as every other one is structural. I think under the bumpouts on deck 10 all are structural. :confused3

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg64/ljmerritt/Jan 30 Disney Dream Cruise/img_0092.jpg

This is Dream and Fantasy.

Not sure about the aft corners to side cabins.

HTH

Although DCL rooms are better than other lines with space, the connecting rooms work best. Especially with the other two children!

We have a family of 4 and try to book connecting rooms. With 2 girls, ages 10 & 13, and me, my poor DH can never get into the bathroom if we're all in one room! lol

Thank you again for all information. I just booked connecting room. Down side was only deck 2 was open. I was hoping little higher deck...

Thank you again for all information. I just booked connecting room. Down side was only deck 2 was open. I was hoping little higher deck...

Just wanted to add that I got connecting staterooms on the magic in January which was nice with the extra bathroom.
Let me just give you a heads up for deck 2 on what I experienced. On deck 2, if your room is near the club edge, you will get some traffic noise of the kids coming and going and they tend to mess with your door decorations and/or FE's. They're kids and they tend to love pranks, jokes, etc.
My biggest issue, Make sure your room is not below the night club!! I heard the music and pounding bass all night long! I was shocked that they didn't plan the deign better.
Ear plugs and a white noise machine helped, but just make sure your location is not affected by one of these.

Just wanted to add that I got connecting staterooms on the magic in January which was nice with the extra bathroom. Let me just give you a heads up for deck 2 on what I experienced. On deck 2, if your room is near the club edge, you will get some traffic noise of the kids coming and going and they tend to mess with your door decorations and/or FE's. They're kids and they tend to love pranks, jokes, etc. My biggest issue, Make sure your room is not below the night club!! I heard the music and pounding bass all night long! I was shocked that they didn't plan the deign better. Ear plugs and a white noise machine helped, but just make sure your location is not affected by one of these.

Thank you thank you thank you ...
We were right by the "edge". We are going to change the room for sure.
We were too excited to book the cruise and didn't think about the noise issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!