Connecting room questions

pittsburghmom

Mouseketeer
Just got a FDing pin and comparing cost between AS music suite and connecting value rooms (2 adults/3 kids)...connecting is coming in around $300 less than a suite. Plus I like the idea of everyone getting a bed vs pullout. Question is, how would this work for our dining credits (quick serve)? Would dh and I have to both be in line and place seperate orders since we'll each technically have separate rooms/kttw cards? Or will we be able to somehow combine our credits at checkin? Also, would this affect FP+ in any way?

Would dh and I have to both be in line and place seperate orders since we'll each technically have separate rooms/kttw cards?

No, you wouldn't have to do it that way. Although you could. When we've done the connecting rooms with FD we would just use up all the dining credits connected with my room and KTTW during the beginning of the trip. Then switch over and use the dining credits connected with my wife's room and KTTW.

Or will we be able to somehow combine our credits at checkin?

You won't be able to do that.

Also, would this affect FP+ in any way?

I doubt it, but not sure as we have not been down since FP+ has been in use.

No, you wouldn't have to do it that way. Although you could. When we've done the connecting rooms with FD we would just use up all the dining credits connected with my room and KTTW during the beginning of the trip. Then switch over and use the dining credits connected with my wife's room and KTTW.

e.

Thank you for the response. So it would be possible to order 2a/2c meals in one transaction even though the room key would only have 1a/1c? Sorry if I am being dense, but I want to be clear on this before I make a decision:)

Thank you for the response. So it would be possible to order 2a/2c meals in one transaction even though the room key would only have 1a/1c? Sorry if I am being dense, but I want to be clear on this before I make a decision:)

Yup. :thumbsup2

Keep in mind connecting rooms are not guaranteed. There is a small chance you will end up with rooms that don't connect, and you and your husband will have to each sleep in a different room.

Be careful to when making your price comparisons. To make it even you have to compare 2 preferred rooms to the family suite, as all family suites are in the preferred section of the All Star Music. If you are ok with a non preferred location than the 2 rooms can save you a good bit of money. But if you would rather have preferred rooms the savings are minimal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter