Connecting room doors

ACJT

DIS Veteran
I have connecting rooms booked. Is it true that the connecting doors are auto close? If so, can they be locked open ?

I have connecting rooms booked. Is it true that the connecting doors are auto close? If so, can they be locked open ?

Could we bring doorstops?? Would that keep them open or are they too heavy?? also can they take down the divider on veranda to make larger??

We had connecting rooms on the Fantasy in September. The doors stayed open and worked just like doors at home. You could keep that open a little or a lot. The partition could also be removed to make a bigger sitting area outside.

We had connecting rooms on the Fantasy in September. The doors stayed open and worked just like doors at home. You could keep that open a little or a lot. The partition could also be removed to make a bigger sitting area outside.

GREAT!!! Thanks!! :cool1::thumbsup2

Could we bring doorstops?? Would that keep them open or are they too heavy?? also can they take down the divider on veranda to make larger??

It really depends on which ship you're sailing on. On the Classic ships, the doors don't stay open as there aren't magnets to keep them open like the Dream and Fantasy. Same thing for the balconies. On the Classic the partitions can't be opened, the newer ships they can....

We had connecting doors on the Magic a few weeks ago. They did not stay open, but our stateroom attendant brought doorstops to use. Also, you can leave the connecting doors unlocked and the other side can just push through to your room.

We had connecting aft balconies on the Dream in 2011.....I wish we had known that we could have opened the partition between balconies!! We went with another couple and had the late dinner seating so in the afternoon we would order some finger foods from room service and sit on the balcony with an adult beverage. It just would have been so convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!