Congrats to Magic Kingdom!!

I don't think Epcot is going to see anything big added ever.

The festivals are so popular. Food and Wine in the fall is huge, then Candlelight Processional and the storytellers over the holidays, Flower & Garden in the spring. Tons of restaurants in World Showcase. Always lots of people enjoying alcoholic beverages no matter what the season. World Showcase is holding up well and is still beautiful.

I could see an update to Illuminations, that is needed and I think would be very welcome.

The Frozen ride and Meet and Greet is going to boost attendance. As much as people don't like where they are shoehorning that (including me), it's brilliant if you think about it from a business perspective.

The only thing I can see is a renovation of the Imagination pavilion at some point.

The festivals are so popular. Food and Wine in the fall is huge, then Candlelight Processional and the storytellers over the holidays, Flower & Garden in the spring. Tons of restaurants in World Showcase. Always lots of people enjoying alcoholic beverages no matter what the season. World Showcase is holding up well and is still beautiful.

I could see an update to Illuminations, that is needed and I think would be very welcome.

The Frozen ride and Meet and Greet is going to boost attendance. As much as people don't like where they are shoehorning that (including me), it's brilliant if you think about it from a business perspective.

The only thing I can see is a renovation of the Imagination pavilion at some point.

After riding the Alice in Wonderland dark ride in DLR, I wish it would show up in the UK in Epcot. I know off topic. Everyone can yell at me now. "That is stupid!" "That will never happen!" "That would mess up the space" "No they should build a Brazil pavilion instead" and lots of other variations.

But back to the Trip Advisor thing...

I just got a reply on my La Hacienda 2 rating review. The manager apologized for the bad experience.
First of all, I have 120 restaurant reviews, I don't ever remember any of them replying to my posts... So it does seem like what the servers told me at WDW is fairly true - Those tripadvisor reports are watched. I would think then that the awards would be considered important too.

Also in regards to JimmyV's idea about why there are more 4/5 reviews.

I do feel bad giving a restaurant a 2 after terrible service, poor food preparation and awful policies (upcharges to share a plate and they don't take the Tables in Wonderland card). Especially now that the manager has a name connected to my report. So I think those manager replies causes people to be a little nicer than they should be.

I stand by 2 rating. I won't go back. They have unnecessary practices. And $30.00 for tacos is too much. AND I don't want to hear that it is a theme park. There are lots of reasonable options (outside of the horribly priced buffets) for food in Epcot. This just isn't one of them.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for Toulouse and Berlioz from The Aristocats to finally show up at WDW in the future. Especially since they both can be found in Disneyland Paris and recently in Tokyo Disneyland. If they ever show up, I'm betting in the France Pavilion in Epcot since the film takes place there. Along with two separate meet and greet spots but more closer to eachother.

I think we would all be more optimistic if that Wonders of Life Pavilion hadn't been shuttered for the past 10 years with no replacement. AND I don't want to hear that it is used for the Food and Wine demos. That doesn't count. They have other places to do that. Like the Innoventions space. Or the Odyssey. Or in the Stave Church... Just kidding.

The Stave Church really is a versatile space. :sad2:

This statement cracks me up. Part of me *knows* there's a grand plan that will make this all make sense. And part of me is worried there isn't. :scared1:
And part of me worries that no matter what the grand plan is, it will be cut back.

Aww I wished MK was #1...but congrats to MK!!!! I'm happy for them!

Last edited:

No need to go further than pg 1-
Since you chose my post to talk of a downturn at Disney I will respond. EPCOT finishing 16th is disappointing to say the least. Disney has basically ignored this park for years now and there is so many things shuttered at EPCOT its sad. They have also chosen to invest heavily in a ride allotment system instead. Is it a down turn, I think so. Fact is this was not the only poll/survey that EPCOT did poorly in. I just don't see any way to call it an upturn.

The Frozen makeover of Norway will prove to be a "big add". Bigger than Under The Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid, and perhaps bigger than the 7DMT. And this will cause the Disney execs to puff out their chests and convince themselves that they are on the right track with just the right pacing. So we can probably expect to see another "big thing" after the Avatar and DHS makeovers debut. In other words, sometime around 2028.

The Frozen makeover of Norway will prove to be a "big add". Bigger than Under The Sea-Journey of the Little Mermaid, and perhaps bigger than the 7DMT. And this will cause the Disney execs to puff out their chests and convince themselves that they are on the right track with just the right pacing. So we can probably expect to see another "big thing" after the Avatar and DHS makeovers debut. In other words, sometime around 2028.
As soon as 2028! Wow now that's progress. Who says disney is in a downturn?:rolleyes:

I've let it be known endlessly how angry I am about the Frozen thing but I am curious to see what happens when it opens. I believe that the area is too small for the crowd that it will pull but maybe Disney has a master plan. Maybe they have a secret place where they will stack all of those people who will be waiting endlessly to ride a short ride and see a couple of college girls. If nothing else it might be fun to watch.

Also, why is this in the game section? I wondered what happened to it.

Since you chose my post to talk of a downturn at Disney I will respond. EPCOT finishing 16th is disappointing to say the least. Disney has basically ignored this park for years now and there is so many things shuttered at EPCOT its sad. They have also chosen to invest heavily in a ride allotment system instead. Is it a down turn, I think so. Fact is this was not the only poll/survey that EPCOT did poorly in. I just don't see any way to call it an upturn.
The other problem with Epcot is the perception or excuse that it's not a "ride" park. It was and absolutely needs to be again.

Also, why is this in the game section? I wondered what happened to it.

Me too. It's strange what threads get moved. This is certainly about theme parks and attractions, oddly moreso than several others that get to stay.

The other problem with Epcot is the perception or excuse that it's not a "ride" park. It was and absolutely needs to be again.

Me too. It's strange what threads get moved. This is certainly about theme parks and attractions, oddly moreso than several others that get to stay.
On the first point EPCOT has lost its way .It's not a ride park, its not a show park, I kind of think it is a kill a part of a day park. Unless of course you are there to see flower and garden or like to eat and drink during food and wine. Disney's move of doing away with non expiration tickets and making you buy lots of days to make it affordable will artificially help keep numbers up in this park. Because lets face it if you have a whole bunch of days that will expire any how why not waste one here. Threads being moved is another story. It seems only happy pat Disney on the back threads stay long in the theme park and attractions area. Just my opinion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter