confused over ressie price

Kat913

Mouseketeer
:confused3 I called today to make my Jan. 09 ressie. It's too early for AAA rate or a code for that time so I expected rack rates. What I didn't expect was $100 difference between this yr. same time and next yr. (arriving Jan. 11th). The Wilderness Lodge standard room this yr. same time is 225 (weekday). They are charging me 385(410.63 with tax) for next yr. :confused3 I was told this is because next yrs. rates are not out yet and that it will be adjusted when they do. Why so high? Has anyone else heard of this? Does anyone know when they do release the 2009 rates?

When you make reservations for a year where the rates are not available yet, I believe they use the highest season rate from the year before as a "tentative". Actual rates are released late summer.

Same thing happened to me with my Jan 09 rezzies... quoted at Peak for Value season. Don't worry-- I'm sure it will be adjusted!

:) Thank you. My dh was getting a little nervous. I certainly don't want to give him any reason to switch back to a moderate. :rotfl2:

I'm guessing they overestimate too.

That way, when the prices are actually lower, everyone is happy. If they underestimate, there are a lot of irate people on their hands.

(and by the way, we're in HIcksville :) )

I'm guessing they overestimate too.

That way, when the prices are actually lower, everyone is happy. If they underestimate, there are a lot of irate people on their hands.

(and by the way, we're in HIcksville :) )

:goodvibes Hi fellow Long Islander! That's great! We were going to go to the Poly, but decided we needed somewhat cheaper this trip. I've never been there (only to eat). Hear it is wonderful. You will have an amazing time! :dance3: We got one of those 40% off codes via e-mail, but unfortunately couldn't use it (only went through dec. and we can't get to Disney before Jan. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter