Confused! Comp tickets vs Guest Pass and FP+

LaLupita

Disneyholic
Can someone explain to me the difference between CM guest passes and comp tickets and how they work with MDE and FP+. Thank you!

Can someone explain to me the difference between CM guest passes and comp tickets and how they work with MDE and FP+. Thank you!
FP for CM Guest Passes have to be booked by the CM using the CM's MDE.

Comp tickets, from a CM, can be linked to anyone's Profile in any MDE and FPs can be booked according to the open FP window.

Each only has a 7-day booking window unless anyone listed or linked to the MDE has a regular ticket linked (30 day FP window) or an onsite reservation (60 day FP window).

FP for CM Guest Passes have to be booked by the CM using the CM's MDE.

Comp tickets, from a CM, can be linked to anyone's Profile in any MDE and FPs can be booked according to the open FP window.

Each only has a 7-day booking window unless anyone listed or linked to the MDE has a regular ticket linked (30 day FP window) or an onsite reservation (60 day FP window).
Thank you very much. My husband's niece is a CM and I'm not sure which one she will get us for our May trip.

@LaLupita ~ If it's Guest Passes, your niece can link your MDE to her MDE to benefit from a longer window if you have an onsite reservation.

After your trip, she can then delete your family from her MDE.

She'll most likely be using her CM Guest Pass and not a Comp ticket. Most CMs don't get many comp tickets (also referred to as White tickets) so they hold on to them for the rare days their ID or main gate is blacked out.

When are you going in May? If it is for Pandora opening just be prepared that your nieces passes may be blacked out of AK. Also the passes can change so if the parks expect massive crowds main gates may only work at one or two parks for the day. I know when New Fantasyland opened our passes didn't work at all on weekends at Magic Kingdom nor did the work at MK for the first official week or two of opening.

Your niece should tell you if she is giving you a main gate admission and then ask her if there are any black outs for them.

@LaLupita ~ If it's Guest Passes, your niece can link your MDE to her MDE to benefit from a longer window if you have an onsite reservation.

After your trip, she can then delete your family from her MDE.
She'll most likely be using her CM Guest Pass and not a Comp ticket. Most CMs don't get many comp tickets (also referred to as White tickets) so they hold on to them for the rare days their ID or main gate is blacked out.

When are you going in May? If it is for Pandora opening just be prepared that your nieces passes may be blacked out of AK. Also the passes can change so if the parks expect massive crowds main gates may only work at one or two parks for the day. I know when New Fantasyland opened our passes didn't work at all on weekends at Magic Kingdom nor did the work at MK for the first official week or two of opening.

Your niece should tell you if she is giving you a main gate admission and then ask her if there are any black outs for them.

We are going at the beginning of May. I will have to ask her which pass she is giving us.

So I have one more question. Does the Guest Pass allow for park hopping or that is only for comp tickets?

So I have one more question. Does the Guest Pass allow for park hopping or that is only for comp tickets?

The guest pass allows for park hoping. The CM must be present to get you in but since you are family they do not have to stay with you although it is still preferred that they do. The CM is on the hook for anything you do (not saying you will do anything) so they are really encourage to stay with their guests.

Also I see in your signature you have 3 kids and your spouse as well. Are all 5 of you going? If that is the case her guest passes won't be enough as they only get up to 3 people in each day and everyone has to enter at the same time the first time they are used each day.

The guest pass allows for park hoping. The CM must be present to get you in but since you are family they do not have to stay with you although it is still preferred that they do. The CM is on the hook for anything you do (not saying you will do anything) so they are really encourage to stay with their guests.

Also I see in your signature you have 3 kids and your spouse as well. Are all 5 of you going? If that is the case her guest passes won't be enough as they only get up to 3 people in each day and everyone has to enter at the same time the first time they are used each day.
I guess she will stay with us. We hardly see her so it will be nice to spend time with her.
No, only 3 of us going. The teenagers are not coming this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter