Confused about themes of upcoming cruises

Discussion in 'Disney Collectors Board' started by pinhopper, Aug 31, 2002.

1. pinhopper

pinhopper Mouseketeer

Oct 31, 1999
    I originally understood the theme of the November, 2002 Disney pin cruise to feature Peg-leg Pete kidnapping Captain Mickey. And I have seen photos of pin prototypes showing Pete with each of the Fab 5.

And... I originally understood the theme of the May, 2003 WDCC cruise to feature Peter Pan.

But... a photo of a pin display from the Disneyana Mystery 2002 event shows a set of Peter Pan pins above the caption of "November 17, 2002 cruise" (or something like that).

So...has the Peg-leg Pete theme been scrapped, and are both cruises featuring Peter Pan now? Did anyone talk to a WDW cast member at Disneyana about this?
  2. NHMickey

NHMickey <font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co

Dec 24, 1999
    WDCC was planing a cruise? Hmm... Maybe there was a mix up with some info...
  3. Dom13

Dom13 Pin Pics Graphics Dept.

Nov 26, 2000
    This does sound like an error/typo. At Disneyana the WDAC/WDCC had all sorts of literature about the May cruise. It is themed to Peter Pan and includes a VERY nice low LE sculpture of Peter from the closing scenes of the movie. I know I will need this sculpture but doubt I will be able to go on the cruise. I also seem to remember seeing somewhere down there artwork of the Pete pins from the cruise and thinking "I need those" too!
  4. ScottakaMickey

ScottakaMickey DIS Veteran

Feb 26, 2000
    Well according to the very reliable, yeah right, Disney Pin site. The theme of the Nov Cruise is still a rescue Mickey theme.

I think that the Disneyana preview was in error, or people assumed that it was cruise related and therefore info for the next cruise and not the WDCC cruise. Just a Guess.