Confused About Snack Credits

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by WatchinCaptKangaroo, May 27, 2007.

1. WatchinCaptKangaroo

WatchinCaptKangaroo DIS Veteran

I keep reading that people have snack credits left over.

Are you just not eating snacks or are they so hard to use in places that they aren't worth the hassle?

I'm having a really hard time imagining how I will have any snack credits left over but I'm getting a bit concerned because of how many posts I've read about left over credits.

Thanks for any words of encouragement!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. deide71

deide71 DIS Veteran

We did not find the snack credits hard to use, we just rarely needed to use them.

We were usually so full from our meals that snacking in between was not something we did frequently. We used the credits for water or soda, milk, occaisionaly a piece of fruit or pastry for breakfast, etc.

On our last trip we used the snack credits for a box of donuts and some chips to keep in the room.

We still ended up with a few credits we needed to burn up at the end of the trip.

4. briannesmom

briannesmom <font color=coral>Definitely not the kind of shot

We found the snack credits very easy to use so I think it is more a case of not needing a snack or not knowing everything they are good for. The first time we used the dining plan we had snack credits leftover but I don't think the credits were good for as many items back then. It did seem like we had a lot of credits to use because most of the time we would share snacks but we managed to use them all. It was pretty hot when we were there so we used some for water and frozen lemonades. They were great for breakfast because you can get a bowl of fruit or a pastry or muffin.

5. WatchinCaptKangaroo

Thanks! I was getting concerned.

We like to eat and I know we'll be eating more than one snack a day. It just sounded like they were really hard to use because people were coming home with them or scrambling to use them.

I feel much better now. Thanks again!

6. amykathleen2005

amykathleen2005 Wishing....

If you check out the list that is stickied on Disney Restraurants on snacks it will give you a whole list of where and what you can use your snack credits on. You literally probably cannot walk more than 5 minutes in a park without finding someplace to get an accepted snack. After all of the other foods on the dining plan people are just too full to use them. In my opinon though snack credits really need not be "wasted" per se as there are many packaged items such as chips, candies, drinks that can be taken home and eaten later.

7. marcyinPA

marcyinPA <font color=blue>I'll never forget the strong, pun

Ditto what they all said....we were all too full to use many of our credits. We did buy a box of donuts with one credit for a quick in-room breakfast one morning. We got a few ice cream/popsicles, and we got Dole whips. We got some fruit, which we shared, and a root beer float, oh, and some treats from Goofy's. On our going home day, we STILL had 12 credits to burn. We used 3 of them in the MK for a root beer float, an ice cream cone, and some Figaro fries. Before we left Pop, I spent the rest on pre-packaged stuff I could take home with me. We're still eating some Mickey pretzels and Minnie graham snacks! LOL

8. WatchinCaptKangaroo

I love that list! I already made a mental note to use the extras at Goofy's for goodies to take home.

I live about 15 minutes from Disneyland and am looking forward to trying all the goodies I either won't buy here or we don't have here.

9. CF'er

CF'er <font color=darkorchid>Mine's so padded I'm afraid

I will also add that the "snacks" allowed now are much more than when we went in April '06. That makes it much easier to find/get a snack. I know that we brought water with us and I didn't want to "use up" all our snack credits so I ended up paying for some snacks but then brought home a few mickey crispy treats to use up all our credits.

Saying that.... it wasn't hard or a pain to use.... you just need to be smarter than I was...LOL

10. Katiebell

Katiebell Seriously *Ahem*

We found ourselves holding on to our snack credits, concerned that they wouldn't last the whole trip, or that we'd "waste" them on less expensive items -- ie: it's worth up to $4, so why spend it on a $2 bottle of water? For those things we ended up paying OOP, but should have just used our snack credits because we had about 5 or 6 left on our last day as we were leaving, and spent them at the candy store on Main Street. Too many times we had thought we might use a credit for ice cream, etc, and we were just not hungry. But we sure went through a lot of bottled water!

11. WatchinCaptKangaroo

Thanks again! I'm trying to figure out how to transport water but I'll probably end up buying it there. Well water and booze. :rotfl2:

Anyone want to tell me their favorite snack? Preferably something that can't be had at Disneyland (dole whips, filled pretzels, frozen lemonaid...)

12. amykathleen2005

amykathleen2005 Wishing....

I really liked the Pineapple Float I just had from Aloha Isle in Adventureland.

13. kileybeth

kileybeth DIS Veteran

well. . .if any dis'ers are at the Poly from 9/18 and leaving before the 9/25 and have extra snack credits. . .

I'm not thinking we would have any trouble at all using them up for you with 4 kiddos and 2 adults! :rotfl:

14. Katiebell

Katiebell Seriously *Ahem*

We ordered a case of water and a case of soda and a styrofoam cooler from Garden Grocer -- MUCH cheaper, but could only carry a couple of bottles to the parks each day. Ended up "pixie dusting" :tink: the cooler and extra waters and sodas to another family when we left -- they had a lot of kids and sure seemed tickled :goodvibes

We loved the Dole Whip floats, but yeah, that's a DL staple, have had them a lot before -- DL's are WAY better, though, because they give you a skewer with a chunk of fresh pineapple and a maraschino cherry, and a little paper parasol! We really liked the School Bread in Norway, and the pastries at the Main Street Bakery.

15. Pumbaa_

Pumbaa_ >Hakuna Matata!< Moderator

Ditto what the others have said. We used about 6 snack credits at Goofy's for take home stuff :goodvibes

Normally, we don't order an appy and a dessert at every meal. We had way too much food for extra snacks. I thought the same thing, how can you not use all your snack credits :rotfl:. But after a couple days of LARGE meals, it just wasn't happening.

We do stay DVC though and did have breakfast and water in the room, so that does make a difference.

For snacks that we did buy, the school bread in norway is yummy! I want more

16. WatchinCaptKangaroo

Thanks again! I feel much better now.

17. tndisneyfan

tndisneyfan DIS Veteran

We had quite a few snack credits left over on our last trip. We had no problem using them but we found we didn't need them. We carried a Brita water sport bottle in the parks so we didn't need too many extra drinks, when we did get one the three of us would split it. With all the food we weren't hungry between meals to want a snack. We didn't lose our leftovers credits though, we went to the food court and got a lot of goodies for the trip home.:thumbsup2

18. KKB

KKB DIS Veteran

why one would "save" SC...
    I understand trying to get the most for one's $ (I LOVE a good deal...)
    But it makes MUCH more sense to use the SC up front, and pay any OOP if you need to at the end...rather than the other way around.
    I REFUSE to buy bottled water when I can get ice water free at any CS restaurant!
    And I am one of those who will not use my SC on things I can easily get at home...ice cream sundaes and such. I wanna use them to try things unique to WDW or at least difficult to get in my neck of the world! (except fruit...gonna need a bit of that each day!)
    Cannot WAIT...sincerely am EXCITED about trying the DDP!

19. pavil

pavil I want to be an Imagineer

That's was our philosopy and thats why we ended up with credits. You won't buy a water or ice cream yet you won't "save" you SC's? hmmmm.

If it's only a couple people with snacks thats no big deal to use, larger families seem to end up with more snacks credits left. Towards the end of the trip I was buying soft drinks, hot chocolates and waters with the credits. Sounds crazy but true.

It really made no sense to get 5 ice creams or frozen lemonades at once for our family (DH,DW,DK's 9,7,6). We have been used to the "just get water at the fountains" routine as well. In retrospect we should have used them more upfront and paid OOP towards the end if we ran out.

If only Beer were a snack................................. then my problem would have been solved at Epcot.

20. knlanf

knlanf Mouseketeers

I can see my gang using up those credts on Whips! :love:

-Kevin

21. MSSANDRA

MSSANDRA DIS Veteran

We used every one of our SC but we were quite creative and did not take any food nor spend one extra penny on food. We often shared two CS meals and would use a SC for an extra fry or drink. We used them for a fruit cup to balance our buger meals we shared and for a sweet roll for a quick breakfast. WE also had quite a few ice creams and a few dole whips. We never worried about using them but never needed to pay out of pocket either. We finished them up with our breakfast the last morning. One CS and a few SC made a perfect breakfast.