Confused about Planet Hollywood

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by minniebeth, Jun 1, 2010.

1. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

Didn't Planet Hollywood not used to be on the DDP? If not, when was it added? Or was it always a part of it?

Why does Disney add the $15 voucher to the package for PH if it is on the DDP? (I guess the obvious answer would be that not everyone is on the dining plans... still wondering why they have this arrangement).

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Faldred

Faldred DIS Veteran

Planet Hollywood has been on the DDP for as long as I've read about it. The voucher is included for all resort package guests, most of whom are likely not on a dining plan.

It can't be used in conjunction with the dining plan, but nothing's stopping you from going into the bar area, using it on appetizers, and then use your DDP credits in the main dining room.

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was Moderator

That voucher is given with all Disney package reservations whether they include the dining plan or not.

5. minniebeth

I guess what I'm asking is: why PH? Does Disney and the corp. that owns it have a relationship/agreement? I'm just curious~ :)

6. Linda T.

Linda T. DIS Veteran

My daughter and her husband just got back for Disney and they were on the dining plan and ate at Planet Hollywood. They tried to use their voucher on appetizers and were told that they couldn't.....

7. LilyWDW

LilyWDW Going to My Happy Place

My guess they ordered the apps after they were seated and not at the bar (as a PP suggested). The voucher can not be used in conjunction with any other plan or discount, including the DDP. If the apps were ordered at the table, then you could not combine the two during the same meal/table.

8. Faldred

Faldred DIS Veteran

Considering that it's just an ad/coupon for Planet Hollywood, I'm guessing the restaurant is paying Disney for the privilege.

9. minniebeth

Thanks~just curious, sometimes I just wish they would shake things up a bit that they put in the packages :)

10. leahjade

leahjade DIS Veteran

anyone have any luck actually using the voucher for appetiziers or drinks at the bar?

11. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

Has anyone been able to use multiple vouchers at the same table? We'll have 3 families, but we'd like to all eat at the same table, so we'll have 3 $15 vouchers. Can we ask for 3 separate bills and use a $15 voucher on each one?