Confused about Planet Hollywood

minniebeth

DIS Veteran
Didn't Planet Hollywood not used to be on the DDP? If not, when was it added? Or was it always a part of it?

Why does Disney add the $15 voucher to the package for PH if it is on the DDP? (I guess the obvious answer would be that not everyone is on the dining plans... still wondering why they have this arrangement).

Thanks!

Planet Hollywood has been on the DDP for as long as I've read about it. The voucher is included for all resort package guests, most of whom are likely not on a dining plan.

It can't be used in conjunction with the dining plan, but nothing's stopping you from going into the bar area, using it on appetizers, and then use your DDP credits in the main dining room.

I guess what I'm asking is: why PH? Does Disney and the corp. that owns it have a relationship/agreement? I'm just curious~ :)

My daughter and her husband just got back for Disney and they were on the dining plan and ate at Planet Hollywood. They tried to use their voucher on appetizers and were told that they couldn't.....

My daughter and her husband just got back for Disney and they were on the dining plan and ate at Planet Hollywood. They tried to use their voucher on appetizers and were told that they couldn't.....

My guess they ordered the apps after they were seated and not at the bar (as a PP suggested). The voucher can not be used in conjunction with any other plan or discount, including the DDP. If the apps were ordered at the table, then you could not combine the two during the same meal/table.

I guess what I'm asking is: why PH? Does Disney and the corp. that owns it have a relationship/agreement? I'm just curious~ :)

Considering that it's just an ad/coupon for Planet Hollywood, I'm guessing the restaurant is paying Disney for the privilege.

Thanks~just curious, sometimes I just wish they would shake things up a bit that they put in the packages :)

anyone have any luck actually using the voucher for appetiziers or drinks at the bar?

Has anyone been able to use multiple vouchers at the same table? We'll have 3 families, but we'd like to all eat at the same table, so we'll have 3 $15 vouchers. Can we ask for 3 separate bills and use a $15 voucher on each one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter