Confused about Appetizer/Starter vs Soup/Salad

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by CathieArms, Jun 4, 2010.

1. CathieArms

CathieArms DIS Veteran

On the DDP, if it says you get an appetizer and the menu lists BOTH appetizers and soups/salads, do they ALL count as appetizers? Help.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Faldred

Faldred DIS Veteran

Generally, salads (except entree salads) and soups are considered DxDP appetizers. Note that you don't get an appetizer on the basic DDP as a plan entitlement except as part of "fixed price" menus.

4. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon Moderator

When you think about it you get three components on the Basic Dining Plan four components on the Deluxe Dining Plan (adult meals)

Main dish and any side listed with that main dish.
    Dessert
    Non-alcoholic beverage

On the Deluxe Dining Plan you add

Appetizer (basically any item that comes before the meal such as a salad or a more traditional appetizer)

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

If I recall correctly the OP is planning for a trip in 2011 and should keep in mind that there are rumors of changes in the dining plans for 2011 and any information you can get right now will only apply to the 2010 dining plan.

6. CathieArms

CathieArms DIS Veteran

Nala - you are correct. I'm just making sure I understand the basics of the current plan so I can better understand any changes that are made next year.

I still don't think I got the answer I'm looking for.

On some of the menus, it lists "Appetizers" separate from"Soups/Salads", both with their own prices. These are not soups/salads that come with the meal, but are soups/salads that you pay for in addition to the entree...or at least they're priced separately, so I assume that's the case. In which case, does either count as an appetizer?

7. Faldred

Faldred DIS Veteran

Yes, soups and salads (except entree salads) are appetizers on DxDP.

If you're not on Deluxe dining, it's a moot point since appetizers aren't included in basic DDP.

8. CathieArms

CathieArms DIS Veteran

It may be a moot point anyway, if they change the DxDP as is rumored. But, my intention is for us to have the DxDP.