Confused about adding DDP if free - ???

Paradise18

DIS Veteran
We already have a reservation with park tickets - we are going to WDW regardless if free dining is offered or not, but it would be a great bonus if it is offered. However, I am being told by my TA if I want free dining added, she will have to cancel my current reservation and re-book. Is this true? I have heard others say that their TA called and had the code added to their existing reservation. I know that if free dining is offered I may have to switch dates/resorts if there aren't any remaining rooms available to book with free dining, but I if my resort still has rooms available I would like to know if my TA is able to just call Disney and add the code or if she has to cancel and re-book. TIA.

Don't know about the technical process, but we did this for our trip last Dec. We already had the DDP and another discount on our ressie, when free dining came out and it reduced our cost, she added it NP.

Depends on how your TA booked the reservation. If they booked it as a MYW package with tickets they should be able to add the DDP, free or not, to the same reservation. If they booked it as a room only reservation with tickets purchased separately (not as part of a package), then cancelling and rebooking would be the correct procedure. Contact your TA and find out if your reservation is booked as a MYW package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter