Confirming use of points q

pickles

<font color=red>Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someon
I want to make sure I understand a few things correctly.

I needed to borrow some of my 08 points(uyaug) for a trip in May. Those borrowed points I would have to use before aug 07...right? I could bank any of my 07 points that are left if I needed to correct an error in a ressie.

2nd if I make a reservation now for Dec using my remainder 08 points and find out I can't go and I need to cancel my ressie, how late can i wait to cancel and will I lose those 08 points? I think the answer is yes i can and that i won't lose points tho they may hold them for awhile..have I got that right?

Are you talking about traveling in May '07 or '08? You are currently in your August '06 use year, to travel in May '07 you'd be borrowing Aug '07 points. You can not borrow Aug '08 points for a DVC stay in May '07.

yes you are right. We are going May 07 and hoping for Dec 07

Then to answer the rest of your question...

If you borrow Aug 07 points for a May 07 reservation, and you need to cancel that reservation...as long as you cancel at least 31 days prior to your scheduled arrival date, the points (both '06 and '07) are returned to your '06 use year. You may not bank the points you borrowed from '07 for your December trip, but you may bank any extra '06 points to '07, as long as you comply with the rest of the banking restrictions, I think you'll be in your 50% total banking window. (Unless you cancel before the end of February for your 100% window.)

And you may borrow '08 points for a December '07 ressie, if needed, as you will be in your August '07 use year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter