Confirmed MSEP to stop and move to DL Oct. 9th

It seems to me that this point has been covered ad nauseam. Can we drop the PTN discussion and move on, please?

I think everyone might be missing a point here.. I don't care if ptn comes, I'm not arguing that it could come. I've found myself very interested in the differences of parade routes and what would or couldn't work where and why. I was hoping someone had some more concrete info on why it wouldn't work in mk because nothing is really sticking out to me but some interesting info posted on the subject so I'm off to find more!

There was a poster with concrete information and you (for whatever reason) chose to dismiss it.

Yeah, me too, unless there may be other topics of interest. PTN is not the only topic here.
It absolutely isn't. So take things in another direction. Post something else that pertains to the thread. Ask a question, put out an opinion, whatever. Or tell everyone else to stop posting things because you're tired of it.

I don't get what the point of arguing about whether PTN could come to Disney World - unless we thought that was the reason it wasn't coming. The reason it isn't coming is (1) Disneyland isn't going to give it up and (2) Disney World is cheaping out to save money / trying to force people to go see the night-time shows at other parks.

Besides, if Disney wanted to move it, they would make it work. That's not even worth arguing about.

It absolutely isn't. So take things in another direction. Post something else that pertains to the thread. Ask a question, put out an opinion, whatever. Or tell everyone else to stop posting things because you're tired of it.

wow..so much for everyone's opinions matter. Since I'm here to find information, and don't have the "sources" that some do, I am interested in that information. Since the PTN topic has been hashed and rehashed and rehashed - and it's STILL only opinions, why is it necessary to keep posting the same over and over. Sorry if my opinion runs contrary with yours.

wow..so much for everyone's opinions matter. Since I'm here to find information, and don't have the "sources" that some do, I am interested in that information. Since the PTN topic has been hashed and rehashed and rehashed - and it's STILL only opinions, why is it necessary to keep posting the same over and over. Sorry if my opinion runs contrary with yours.
I give up.

The topic of this thread is MSEP ending at MK and moving to DL. No need for arguments about what the topic is or stuff like that.

There was a poster with concrete information and you (for whatever reason) chose to dismiss it.

I didn't ignore it at all, I thought he gave excellent information about parade design in general and some of the specific MK challenges. I liked that post very much.

I don't get what the point of arguing about whether PTN could come to Disney World - unless we thought that was the reason it wasn't coming.

this is where this thread and peoples reactions are really frustrating right now. I thought I was taking it a different direction to learn more about the parade design and challenges between the different parks. It sounded like some people here knew reasons it wouldn't work and I wanted to learn more from them. It's just become clear that nobody here is interested and it's a waste of time and there is very little information available but do thank @11290 for his information.

anyhow, i'm done with this thread as nobody really seems interested and I have reached out and found someone that does know more specifics and we're having dinner later this week. I'll take my personal interest in parade design and challenges of the different disney parks off this forum...

I think everyone might be missing a point here.. I don't care if ptn comes, I'm not arguing that it could come. I've found myself very interested in the differences of parade routes and what would or couldn't work where and why. I was hoping someone had some more concrete info on why it wouldn't work in mk because nothing is really sticking out to me but some interesting info posted on the subject so I'm off to find more!
I'm with you here. I am more interested in the technical/mechanical aspects than seeing the parade. What makes things "tick" and the technical challenges are of more interest to me too.

I saw that Len Testa put up over on WDWMagic that he was told Disney World has ordered costumes for PTN. This ought to start some fun. :stir:

Don't you think? :laughing:

And I mean, maybe he's got some solid info on this and he's right and they have ordered them and it's coming to WDW in some form. But, until it hits the Parks Blog in an official announcement, I'm not buying it. This thing has taken so many twists and turns who knows? IF this is true (and I'm very skeptical), I think they're building or getting Hong Kong's version. I still don't think DL is sending there's.

And I mean, maybe he's got some solid info on this and he's right and they have ordered them and it's coming to WDW in some form. But, until it hits the Parks Blog in an official announcement, I'm not buying it. This thing has taken so many twists and turns who knows? IF this is true (and I'm very skeptical), I think they're building or getting Hong Kong's version. I still don't think DL is sending there's.
The costumes need work too. The costumes were not the best for performers.

I know I had read that somewhere- but why would Disney World even be involved unless they're getting a version of PTN? It was a very strange post by Len. Everything that's been said is they aren't getting PTN and they aren't looking to replace MSEP with another night parade until they fund the new design. This would be contrary to that. The only thing I can think of is they've gotten a ton of complaints about there being no light parade and now they're in scramble mode to figure something out, and they're able to secure a version of PTN.

On a side note, I wonder if there would be an electrical issue bringing HK's PTN to the US. I know there was when DLP bought Fantillusion from TDL - they had to convert the entire electrical system and modify the floats so the drivers could actually fit.

I know I had read that somewhere- but why would Disney World even be involved unless they're getting a version of PTN?

Assuming the backstage tour was accurate on information all costuming for all disney parks worldwide comes from florida. so if it's a costume, WDW is involved but they ordered them?!?!?

:)

sits quietly over here..

Assuming the backstage tour was accurate on information all costuming for all disney parks worldwide comes from florida. so if it's a costume, WDW is involved but they ordered them?!?!?

:)

sits quietly over here..
They might be assembled in Florida but I'm sure they have to order pieces for the costumes. The lighted costumes are much more involved than just regular costumes.

They might be assembled in Florida but I'm sure they have to order pieces for the costumes. The lighted costumes are much more involved than just regular costumes.

good point and would make sense. I don't know this post by Len, do we know what department ordered costumes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter