CONFIRMED: DCL no longer going to Matzatlan!!!

:thumbsup2

...ahhh, I see the entitlement fairy has made a visit to the thread:rotfl: I am just feeling really blessed to be going on a vacation with my DH who is NOT deployed, with my children who are healthy and the fact that it is a Disney cruise is icing on the cake!

AMEN to that. My husband is AD as well and we are holding tight to our trip insurance, praying that his leave doesn't get revoked or he gets send somewhere last minute. Five tours to the desert makes you appreciate all the time you get to spend together - whether you are in port or at sea.:flower3:

I just checked my cruise plans and the Palo Brunch we had booked for the sea day that is now the first Cabo stop has been moved to the Sea Day that was our Mazatlan stop. This is for the Jan 30 cruise. Others may want to check and see if this change has been made for them as well.

So does anyone know why we are leaving so early on the 2nd palo day? (my sail date is 2/27 and we are doing the back to back cabo days)....

So does anyone know why we are leaving so early on the 2nd palo day? (my sail date is 2/27 and we are doing the back to back cabo days)....

Any update on this? We just got our docs yesterday and found out about this. We are on the 4/10 cruise and have back to back Cabo days so why is the first day so short????

ETA: I just check online- it was down yesterday- and the first Cabo day is until 7pm :)

Any update on this? We just got our docs yesterday and found out about this. We are on the 4/10 cruise and have back to back Cabo days so why is the first day so short????

ETA: I just check online- it was down yesterday- and the first Cabo day is until 7pm :)

One of the reasons for the timing is that other cruise lines are doing the same scrambling and there is competition for the tender boats. Also, I've heard that tendering after dark can be dangerous so they don't do it most of the time.

One of the reasons for the timing is that other cruise lines are doing the same scrambling and there is competition for the tender boats. Also, I've heard that tendering after dark can be dangerous so they don't do it most of the time.

Not to mention it takes the ship quite a while to get from Cabo back to L.A. They don't want to speed home so I think they need to leave by a certain time in order to try to make it to the port by 7am. On the Feb 20th cruise we went through a storm and were 2 hours late getting into the port so didn't even get off the ship until almost 11am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter