Confirmation and SSR Location?

dolfinjuls

DIS Veteran
I booked our first trip as DVC members for SSR in July! We'll be there for two of our birthdays!:cool1:

So my question is how soon after calling to book the stay do you get confirmation? I asked to have it e-mailed rather then mailed. And it was also booked using our incentive points + 2 additional points. I don't know if that would effect anything.

Another question I have is what do you think would be the best location to ask for in SSR? There will be two young children (4 and 2) with us. I'd like to be close to a kid-friendly pool. One of the first bus pick-ups I'm thinking as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

They usually mail the confirmation within a week or two of booking your reservation, but it may take longer. Don't lose too much sleep waiting for it.

The Grandstand section is near a kid friendly pool and the first bus stop. Its also not too far from the main pool and the main resort areas.

Enjoy your trip & Welcome Home!:yay:

I booked our first trip as DVC members for SSR in July! We'll be there for two of our birthdays!:cool1:

So my question is how soon after calling to book the stay do you get confirmation? I asked to have it e-mailed rather then mailed. And it was also booked using our incentive points + 2 additional points. I don't know if that would effect anything.

Another question I have is what do you think would be the best location to ask for in SSR? There will be two young children (4 and 2) with us. I'd like to be close to a kid-friendly pool. One of the first bus pick-ups I'm thinking as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You sound a lot like our family! We just booked with our DP's + 2 regular points for SSR in August. MS told me because we used our DP's it had to go somewhere first and then we would get our confirmation. The second time I called to get the rest of our days, MS said it might take a while to get our confirmation because it goes by check-in date. She said not to worry and that it was in the system.

I asked for Grandstand. I like that it is the first bus pick-up and it has a pool with a water play area.

Hope you enjoy your trip! We can't wait for ours to come!

MS told me because we used our DP's it had to go somewhere first and then we would get our confirmation.
I was told the same thing last week, that they couldn't give me an immediate confirmation number and it could take about three weeks before I hear back from them. Such are the rules of DP's.

Originally Posted by ccoymsrd
MS told me because we used our DP's it had to go somewhere first and then we would get our confirmation.

Ditto for us. We booked on developer points and received the confirmation in the mail about two weeks later.

I have a question about room requests. The CM who helped me with the reservation said that we could not request a room location until check-in. After reading more, it seems like that is not the case and I could have made my request when the reservation is made. Which is correct???

Originally Posted by Disneycouple99
Once you have your confirmation number, you can make your requests.

Great - I appreciate the information! Now to see if I can actually get through to MS...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter