Concierge

ndavis

Mouseketeer
I can't seem to find the details, out of curiosity-what are the benefits of concierge? The cost is just so much more significant, curious how people how justify it.

Thanks!

There is no justification :) Here is my reasoning for booking concierge. Onshore Concierge books all excursions, palo, remy, etc for me right at 120 days. I'm still Silver so there's no way I would get everything I wanted without their assistance. We like the lounge concept as well (drinks/snacks) and we like the preferential treatment on embarkation day. We don't cruise often so we manage the "cost" by cruising less frequently. It all works out in the end.

I've only travelled concierge in 1 bedroom suites on the Magic, with no concierge lounge/deck. I felt the accommodations were worth the price. Plus, we were able to order complete hot meals from the dining room in our cabin.

One of the best ways to see if it's worth it for you is find out all the perks like you are doing here. Than take how much more money it is and divide that by how much you make a hour after taxes and see if it's right for you. Let's say it cost 4000 more dollars and you make 50 dollars an hour after taxes. It will take you 80 hours of pay for the concierge. What ever you decide you will have a great time.

Funny, DH and I were just talking about whether is was "worth it" to us. We've sailed twice on the Fantasy, once in a regular family stateroom w/veranda, and more recently in the concierge family stateroom w/veranda. What we most appreciated about concierge was the shoreside assistance we got with pre-booking Remy and spa appointments and cabanas, and of course being able to do it 120 days out. On the ship, we took advantage of the concierge lounge quite a bit, and it was wonderful in the mornings to be able to pop down the hall for some good coffee and a plate of pastries to bring back to the room. We LOVED having a cabana on CC and that would never have happened had we not been concierge. Beyond that? We either didn't really take advantage of any perks, or else we didn't find them to be superior to what we experienced when we weren't concierge. Our conclusion was that we would probably pay the premium on a future sailing IF it was during low season and not too exorbitantly priced, but we won't do it if we sail over the holidays next year because nothing we experienced would justify that sort of a price hike.

I think I'd feel differently if the stateroom we stayed in was bigger than what we had before, but it wasn't. It had nicer decor and a few extra touches, but for the most part, it was the same room, just with concierge perks added on. Had we been in a one-bedroom, I'd probably have been more wowed.

Thanks all! We went on our first DCL cruise last year. We work opposite schedules so we don't do adults only things, since we are enjoying all being together.

I seriously considered it for the tub! Will probably skip this time, pricing looks to be about double for the cruise we are currently booked on-doesn't seem reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter