Concierge Room 12010 Quick Trip Report

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by cgolf, Jan 19, 2013.

1. TLLCanada

TLLCanada Mouseketeer

we were in that room in December. It is a fantastic room! I thought PJ was on vacation now. I am surprised Andy wasn't there. I thought he was there until March. Alice is awesome. My 6 year old just loved her to bits!!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jrummie

jrummie Earning My Ears

when did you book concierge? when you originally booked or as an upgrade? i have decided that i want to up grade and there is no concierge available. i am currently booked for room 10082 & would love to have the private sun bathing deck and lounge. just curious if anyone was ever told it was unavaible..aka sold out, and if so did anything ever open up by the time the cruise rolled around

4. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

If PJ isn't on vacation now it should be very soon... honestly I am thinking he told us Jan 26th- he said he would be back March 23rd. Julia should be coming back the same time he leaves. As for Andy, he told us he moves between Dream and Fantasy. When we cruised this past November, he had just moved to the Fantasy to take the place of Kemisha who had left for vacation.

5. cgolf

cgolf DIS Veteran

I believe a couple of rooms opened up around the time that final payment was due, but when we rebooked on board they were surprised we were able to upgrade when we did. My best advice is to check the website once or twice a day to see if anything opens up, that is what we did and got a bit lucky too.

cgolf

6. mrkyyyle

mrkyyyle Mouseketeer

Awesome! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! We really enjoyed PJ and Kemisha (and Julia) when we were on our cruise in October.

I totally agree with you that usually once you go concierge you get hooked! That was my 2nd cruise in concierge in October and we have another booked for next Feb and I convinced my mom, her husband and my sister to come along.

Pictures would be great as on the upcoming cruise they are staying in 12508 so they can connect to our room!

7. ddixon1

ddixon1 Mouseketeer

We were in 12008 on the Dream last week. I have photos, and could send to you if you want to PM me (and if I can figure out how to send them to you! lol).
    We were on the 4-night and tipped $50 to the one concierge staff member who went out of her way to help us. She resolved a sticky issue with DCL regarding an OBC; tended to us in our Cabana; and was overall an absolute sweetheart. We provided $15 each to the other 2 hosts, with whom we interacted substantially less. We provided $5 tip to the bartender (I had 2-3 glasses of wine total for the cruise) and $15 to the young woman who serviced the food "mini buffet" and heavenly coffee machine (never did solve how to pack that thing in our checked baggage, oh well). Total of $100 for the concierge staff for the 4-night trip. We determined that we spent so much time in that lounge (real asocial bunch, this cruise), that they deserved such tips (and I felt somewhat cheap doing so, but had already over-reached on our budget with the cabana, another omg we HAVE to do this again!). Cheers! And yes, spoiled for life by concierge!

8. cgolf

cgolf DIS Veteran

I will post what pictures that I have of the room, lounge and sundeck tonight when I get home from work. The room pictures will be of a cat v.

9. cgolf

cgolf DIS Veteran

One interesting item I heard from multiple staff on the ship was that when they have vacation time, that they will sometimes take a week and cruise on the ship with their families. It sounds like they love it and so do their families.

This says a lot about DCL. The fact that their employees want to and enjoy cruising on the ships they work on is very impressive. It sounds like we aren't the only ones to drink the DCL kool-aid:rotfl:.

cgolf

10. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

You got the same T on bump, but starboard, Swuite :thumbsup2
    Stuff family in a V while you guys chill in the T. Nice :lmao:
    I heard the room host can weld the connecting door closed. :rotfl2:
    Enjoy
    :goodvibes

11. cgolf

cgolf DIS Veteran

Sun Deck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super comfortable love seat in room
    [​IMG]

Room Pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This probably has cost me a bathroom renovation, it was awesome
    [​IMG]

12. cgolf

cgolf DIS Veteran

13. ellensfamily

ellensfamily Mouseketeer

Yes, ex I'm interested in seeing your pics. My very 1st cruise is 2/24 and we r in concierge room 11004 on the Dream. We travel club level in all wdw resorts, most beach club & Floridian and we love it, so jumped at chance when we got this last minute deal..we booked 2 days ago and we leave in 36 days!

I'd love to see your pics!

14. dmark1867

dmark1867 Earning My Ears

Would like some clarification regarding the balcony of cabin 12010 on the dream. On some pics I have found the balcony partitions or seperators extend the lenght of the balcony on some of the other pictures I have seen the last couple of feet of the balcony seem to be open and shared with the conjoining balconies on both sides.

Can anyone clarify how the balcony setup is on the "bump" balconies?

Thanks!

15. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

The partitions extend the entire length of the balcony. There is no shared space with the balconies on the sides. Perhaps in the pictures where it looked like the last few feet were open the staterooms were traveling together and asked for the partition to be opened. The partitions can also be opened when the crew is cleaning too.

16. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

More pictures!

It looks like you don't need to go anywhere for breakfast except the lounge!

The loungers aren't able to see the ocean right? Is there music? Is it breezy? Because that looks nice!

:flower3:

17. dmark1867

dmark1867 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply!

That is nice to know

I was a little concerned, I was looking at these

disboards dot com showpost.php?p=42560441&postcount=9

Picture here:
    i1191.photobucket dot com /albums/z475/tonya126/20110202_0248.jpg

Thanks! Danny

18. KarenMP59

KarenMP59 DVC Member

No, you can't see the ocean. There is music. It's an awesome place but I would only say that there isn't enough shade. Most of the seating is in full sun. I don't remember it being breezy. It's pretty protected on all sides. You could almost eat exclusively in the lounge but then you would miss the awesome restaurants!! Pace yourself lol

19. MDennis28

MDennis28 Mouseketeer

Can you please tell me more about the lounge? Hours it is open, what foods are available, beverages...Do the "adult beverages" from the bar cost money? Anything else you can tell me is appreciated. Considering coincerge for Sept. Thanks!

20. gomagic

gomagic Go Bucks!

The lounge is open from 7:00am -10:00 pm. Throughout the day there will be continental breakfast, lunch snacks, afternoon treats, dinner snacks, and then dessert offerings for approx the last hour the lounge is open. There is also an assortment of whole fruit available too. Every night for 45 minutes before both main and late dining they hold a cocktail hour - no charge for drinks. Always available at no charge -milk, juice, bottled water, cans of soda, specialty coffees & tea, hot chocolate.

21. MDennis28

MDennis28 Mouseketeer

Thank you! Your trip report was well written, interesting and thorough!!