1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Concierge & complimentary alcohol...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MomTo3PrincessesInNJ

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ DIS Veteran

The lush in me is curious about the "free" booze available to us as concierge guests.

Do they have adult drinks at the terminal lounge area? What about once we are on the ship meeting the staff in the concierge lounge?

We have main dining - will we be back in time to grab a drink in the lounge before it closes for 2nd seating?

Are there any other times that I'm missing? We probably won't bring drinks on because we are coming from WDW and will be using a limo to transfer.

Thanks for any info! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jrbdad

jrbdad Mouseketeer

Nothing in the terminal lounge that I remember, but we weren't there long.

Yes at the reception and yes to before and after dinner.

Enjoy.

4. N365PA

N365PA One little spark of inspiration

What the person above stated. Free booze during the time before the 2 shows/dinners as well as the reception on board. The rest of the time there were some snacks and a nice automated coffee/espresso/hot chocolate machine.

5. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

According to your ticker, you'll be on the Dream a week before we'll be back on it. :)

Unless things change, when you get to the lounge after embarkation you'll be given a folder with all sorts of written info in it. Part of that will be the times they have the cocktail receptions. On our Feb cruise it was 5pm-5:45pm and 7:30-8:15pm each night. And, of course, at that embarkation meeting.

6. jrbdad

jrbdad Mouseketeer

We were rarely thirsty :)

7. sparklechicks

sparklechicks It's all about the Mouse!

I am thinking about changing a future reservation to concierge - the drinks might entice me a tad more. Can someone tell me what sort of "adult" beverages they serve during cocktail time? TY :dance3:

8. KarenMP59

KarenMP59 DVC Member

We were rarely stone cold sober.....:cool1:

9. KarenMP59

KarenMP59 DVC Member

I would highly recommend concierge!!! It's awesome!!!

10. BethA

BethA DIS Veteran

You can ask for anything and they seem willing to get it. They should have some beverage before boarding even if it is just water but they do not. When you first go to the lounge they do have adult beverages then too

11. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Well, I had a glass of champagne while Wensdae was going over our folder of info with us. :)

There was wine, beer, there were hard drinks...they had a whole bar set up for the embarkation reception in the lounge and for the pre-dinner receptions.

12. west&east

west&east DIS Veteran

Can you take an adult beverage out of the concierge lounge? Say to your room to enjoy on the balcony or to dinner or whatever? Could my DH get me a glass of wine while I am getting ready for dinner?

13. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

In my experience, yes yes and yes. It was really very pleasant. :)

14. MyYearWithTheMouse

MyYearWithTheMouse Disneyland In A Year!

Any chance of free booze on the ships that don't have the concierge lounge?

15. BethA

BethA DIS Veteran

There are drinks at the concierge reception when you board and at the reception where they have a character for photos. Otherwise no

16. Bingo14

Bingo14 Earning My Ears

I found the choices to be limited. I asked for amaretto but it wasn't available. Which isn't to say that I didn't find an alternative....;)