Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Scott MC, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmoore7

rmoore7 Grateful Dad

The standard CL rooms at WL are (all?) on the seventh floor, however the deluxe rooms are in different locations on other floors. Our room location during our last stay was at the very end of the north wing, with two balconies, a great view of the lake, the Electrical Parade, and a partially obstructed view of the fireworks at MK. That being said; it was a somewhat long walk, and an elevator ride to the Old Faithful Club.

Yes, itÂ’s a bit of a walk, not unprecedented (see above), but the animals, the theming, and the unique food offerings make this resort the total package for us. Full disclosure - we have not stayed at the Grand Floridian......yet :cool2:

Scott MC - Thanks for all your efforts here :worship:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Does anyone know (and I'm sure I could find it if I looked ;) ) if there are any King bed rooms in AKL club? Are they hard to get? Are they in good locations? Thanks!

4. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

I have been advised by several CL staff to not use the online check-in

5. TigrLvsPooh

I personally wouldn't do it. We travel with other family members who are staying at different resorts all the time and on any occasion when they come to our room to meet up with us I always feel strange, like I'm breaking some unspoken law. And that was just in our own room, not the lounge. The CM's really get to know all the families and commonly great you by name, I believe they do realize when someone is on the floor who isn't supposed to be. I always have family meet us in the lobby just to avoid feeling uncomfortable, and I definitely wouldn't subject grandma to the possible embarrassment of being asked to leave. Not that any CM would ever do it, I've never seen it done, but to me it just doesn't feel like a good thing to do.

6. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 Thanks TigrLvsPooh :goodvibes I think I'll wait, as exciting as online/early checkin would feel! I'm so excited for my first POLY stay :goodvibes

7. TigrLvsPooh

It is such an amazing resort and the Hawaii building is great! :)

8. Angel16

Angel16 <b><font color=f95602>Member of the 'Jambo! WildBu

Yes there are king bed rooms on club level. They are very few I have been told by IPO. We requested and got one in 2010, it was on the second pod of Zebra Trail. It was a good location with lots of animals and same wing as pool and restaurants. I have attached a map to help. If you have any other questions on AKL CL let me know, I am happy to help. :) As you can tell from my signiture we really LOVE it there!

http://www.aklresort.com/content/printed-materials

Angel16

9. psac

psac DIS Veteran

Thank you! :thumbsup2

10. minniesbiggiestfan

minniesbiggiestfan Mouseketeer

Hello :wave2:

My family will be arriving at the WL in September for a one week stay. I have a gluten and lactose allergy as does my DD and I was wondering what I need to do about getting GF and LF foods for us to eat while we are staying there. does anyone know if the WL has oatmeal in their breakfast line up? We staying at the RPC last year and they were super accommodating and I am hoping that the WL is as well.. Thanks in advance...

11. mommadjones

mommadjones Mouseketeer

I put in a request for vegetarian friendly options other then cheese and crackers for our August trip.We will be there for two weeks so I am hoping that they can come up with something for us. I will let you know how accommodating they are in hopes that this will give you a better idea. On the lactose front I did ask as my mother has an intolerance and they assured me they have soy milk in the morning if that helps.

12. mommadjones

mommadjones Mouseketeer

On a personal note....We are just over two weeks :hourglass until or amazing two week stay at Wilderness Lodge Club Level. I know I mentioned its our first stay at CL but Im not sure if I mentioned it here. :cool1: So super exited!!!!

13. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

Congrats! You'll have a hard time going back after that!
    (This of course is from someone who thought CL was a waste of $, until getting upgraded to RPC and has never looked back :) )

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

14. TigrLvsPooh

I'm not sure about oatmeal but my son was on a gluten free diet when we stayed at the WL back in January 2011 and he had quite a few choices, and the cooks were super nice about it. :) Let me see if I can dig up my trip report, I think I had a list of what they offered.... BRB

15. TigrLvsPooh

16. TigrLvsPooh

I remember his favorites were the gluten free friend chicken at 50's Prime Time and the GF pasta at Chef Mickeys :thumbsup2

17. ndquinn

ndquinn Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions about where to stay in a deluxe room at the WL club level & also about the lounge access. I really appreciate it! Also, for whomever asked, we did not get a "deal" of any kind on our room...I figured that, coming over New Year's, we didn't have much chance of a bargain! :) Thanks again!!

18. mchamber99

mchamber99 Earning My Ears

We are staying at BC June 2013. For the first time, we are staying club level. Which rooms are club level? Is it the whole 5th floor?

19. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Yes, the entire 5th floor are CL rooms. There are also Deluxe rooms with CL access that aren't on the 5th floor.

:welcome: to the DIS!

20. MomDad&2boys

MomDad&2boys Mouseketeer

We are trying Club Level for the first time at Poly. I'm wondering if the IPO is able to help with surprises? My 3 boys have always wanted the Mickey balloons that you see in all the parks but I've always encouraged them to pick another 'treat'. I'd love it if they could have balloons waiting for them on arrival in the room. Any chance they could arrange this?

21. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Maybe. In the 'old days' the IPO would arrange this, now they sometimes direct you to the Disney Florist to order them yourself. Here is the link:

http://www.disneyflorist.com

If you already have a CL reservation, just email the Poly IPO and ask them if they can assist you with some in-room surprise balloons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.