Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Scott MC, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nascargirl

nascargirl DIS Veteran

Awesome job! Keep up the great work.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

We stay at the YC Club levei every trip for the last 10 years or so. And we stayed GF RPC last Sept. We only got one of those little cards the very first stay @ YC. Has anyone gotten one receently?

4. i_heart_the_mouse

i_heart_the_mouse DIS Veteran

I have stayed CL at YC, BC, Poly, BWI, CR and GF RPC in the past year and have never received one of those cards. I want one! :rotfl2:

5. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

Forget the cards.....I want your life!!! ;) :lmao:

6. mommadjones

mommadjones Mouseketeer

:cool1:Great thread! :cool1:We are new to CL but will be staying twice thisnyear(WL CL August and WL CL deluxe room Dec) and once next year(AKL cl) and would be happy to take a ton of pics to add to the thread. Also as a vegetarian I will be thrilled to give my review of CL offerings if that is welcome.

7. i_heart_the_mouse

:rotfl2:

I just realized how that probably came off. It was only 3 trips! Nothing too extreme!

8. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

The only time we ever got one was at AKL CL. It was on the bed when we checked in. I am 100% positive we never got them at the Poly, BC, or YC CLs.

9. TigrLvsPooh

That makes sense then. Is it because it is a less expensive deluxe? Or because it is so popular? It does seem easiest to find BC and YC CL on short notice. We only booked ours about 2 months out.

10. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

It seems whenever a resort gets a refurb they get a lower discount rate. At least that is what I've noticed.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Thanks for the lovely shiny new thread, it looks great and a lot of hard work :thumbsup2.

Can I be cheeky and re-post this as I didn't get an answer in the last one?

12. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

I don't know the exact answer to this question, but I can tell you that out of GF, AKL, and BWI CL staffs, BWI was the most outstanding in our opinion). I can't imagine them not being able to refill a reasonable request such as extra water for your room. Once you've booked your reservation, I'd recommend you email IPO and simply say you drink a lot of water, and would it be possible to have some in the room once you get there. Now, I don't think you can expect to have a full-size 24 pack waiting for you, but I bet in some way, your wish will be granted.

13. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

Thanks to scott for the new thread! And thanks to all for the WONDERFUL pics !!!!!:banana:

14. TigrLvsPooh

I agree. I've never been turned down by a CM when I request water. I think as long as it's within reason and you aren't trying to cart off a 12 pack a day they don't care one bit. Heck my youngest DS asks for cookies about 4 times a day and they always manage to find some for him. LOL :lmao:

15. TigrLvsPooh

I think in order to add them here again we have to go into your albums and code your pic links. Is that OK with you?? I didn't want to do it without your consent. :)

16. i_heart_the_mouse

When we asked for water they gave us large bottles of Evian to take back to the room at BWI CL. :thumbsup2

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Thanks for your help everyone, I'll send that email just before I arrive :), I'm really looking forward to this trip :)

18. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I always found the WL to get 40% along with every other resort when discounts were better in the past, but it seems recently that the WL (and Poly, from what I've noticed), have been getting very low discounts like 5% when others get 30%. I think the WL has become more popular over the years and it might be because it's a deluxe resort that doesn't carry the big price tag like that of the monorail and Epcot resorts (but that's just my opinion).

That could be a factor too.

19. TigrLvsPooh

Well it makes sense. If a resort is already booking up without a discount then why offer one.

20. mickeyluv'r

mickeyluv'r DIS Veteran

I second this, but for us, it's not enough. Especially in the summer months.

We've tried a few options. If you have packages delivered to certain resorts, they charge you - at least that was our experience last time we tried (there's a whole big thread on the subject)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

Another thing we've treid was just to bring it from home. WE had a leather duffle bag witha 12 pack. That was about as much as we could bring. But we aren't araid to refill. We get cups of water with every QS meal, and whatever is left we refill the bottles. You could also go Brita water filter.

It's a factor when considering a rental car.

I also just discovered that for $30, Whole Foods will deliver to WDW! But if you have a car, the Whole Foods is just off I-4, and it's a great place to stop for a bite on the way from MCO to WDW. It's amazing; they have in house brick oven pizza, and a huge hot/cold prepped food bar. Though we mostly stop there when we are not doing CL.

21. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

We order water from wegoshop every year. I just ordered 6 cases for our August trip the other day. I also order diapers for my DD and Greek yogurt for myself. I have never had a problem with them. They only charge you what the grocery store charger, plus a service fee. They will shop at multiple stores if you need them to. They will go to Costco, Target, Publix, Walmart, etc. I usually opt for Walmart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.