Concierge/Club Level Information- Part IV, July 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Scott MC, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmaurer74

pmaurer74 DIS Veteran

I have gone in June and July. June was raining a lot but the evenings were pleasant and it got hot around 11am. The difference I noticed was the humidity. We were sweating at midnight the last week of July but we also had no rain so maybe that was why. I found June to be tolerable. I am going again in June so we will see.

Just made a reservation for Beach Club CL GV and I cannot wait!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. wifey

wifey DIS Veteran

Hello everyone we just want to say hello and ask a question or two if you don't mind, we are due to stay at the Yacht Club standard club level room in August. However due to late flights we will be due to arrive at MCO after 8pm and we will be using DME to get to the hotel after 9pm. Will there be anyone from club level available to greet us and check us in or will we be checked in at the usual check in desks? Will there be somewhere to grab some snacks that night? After a long journey from the UK I'm not sure we will want a lot to eat but it's great to have some ideas before we arrive. TIA for your help and we are really looking forward to staying at a deluxe resort for the first time.

4. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

The CL lounge is open and staff is available usually until 10 pm. So, if you do arrive at the resort at 9pm, you'd probably be checked in upstairs and be able to grab some snacks from the lounge. :goodvibes

5. PamelaKay

PamelaKay DIS Veteran

I am contemplating a stay club level at the contemporary, but need to know if the sinks, shower and toilet are all in a single room, or are the sinks separate from the shower and toilet.

Thanks.

6. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Hi, Pamela:wave:

All the non-suite rooms are identical at the CR, including Atrium Club Level. The bath/shower and sinks are in one room and the toilet is in its own room with a pocket door to the right in this photo:

[​IMG]

7. PamelaKay

PamelaKay DIS Veteran

Thanks so much WDWKook. I should have just emailed you the question :thumbsup2

8. MUFFYCAT

MUFFYCAT <marquee behavior=alternate><font color=deeppink>S

Does the Boardwalk lounge close at all during the day?
    I loved that the Polynesian was open so you can sit and have a drink. Or for the very early risers have coffee!

9. HARASW

HARASW <font color=red>DisneyWorld Addict<br><font color=

It is open all day, till 10 pm. You're going to love it (I believe even more than the Polynesian-I've been to both)

10. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

I am thinking about surprising my DD w/club level for our girls only trip next month. I was wondering which lounge people like more WL or BC? It will be me and my 3 girls 12,4,2.

11. mommadjones

mommadjones Mouseketeer

I can't speak to any other then WL but we love it! Everyone is so wonderful. When we take our big family trip it's a must book every year!!

12. WDWKOOK

I agree with momma - WL/CL is our favorite CL. WL/CL also has a much larger seating area than BC and is priced somewhat lower. All rooms have a balcony and the lounge has amazing views of the grand lobby below, Bay Lake and the geyser. You can watch the EWP from the lounge. There are also bunk bed rooms by request (no guarantee though on CL).

If you intend on going primarily to Epcot or DHS, then BC is within walking distance. If you intend on going primarily to MK, then WL would be more convenient. There is a boat and a non-stop bus that go to the MK and a boat to the CR and FW.

13. mommadjones

mommadjones Mouseketeer

I can also attest to their patience with kids. We have a 14,4 and almost 2 year old(girl, boy, boy)and they were so wonderful with them!

14. WDWKOOK

::yes::

And they're great with adults, too:thumbsup2

15. zima-cheryl

zima-cheryl DIS Veteran

We also enjoyed the Boardwalk much more than the Poly.
    Even after the Poly's refurb. The Boardwalk is just more our style I guess.

16. milmore104

milmore104 My DH is "Dusty Boots"

Thanks we spend most our time at MK and Epcot. We love BC! But was thinking of trying something new.

Well that's good...:lovestruc

17. peaches00

peaches00 Mouseketeer

I looked through posts in this thread and thought I had idea of food offerings but read a different thread that said the club lounges were scaling back the appetizers...can anyone who has been at ycclub tell me what latest hot appetizers they had. I read that they were just offering snacks??? I know there's vegetable tray...

18. west&east

west&east DIS Veteran

For those of you keeping up with the FastPass+ updates, do you think that Club Level guests should have any extra privileges? I love CL but think Disney should find ways to step it up a notch...

19. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

YES!!! That would be a great little perk. :thumbsup2

20. MomofDisneyLoversx3

MomofDisneyLoversx3 DIS Veteran

First let me apologize if this has already been answered. I did read through the first 29 pages of this thread, but by golly my boss wasnt happy ;) In some of the posts I noticed people stating that in room toiletries have decreased. We are staying at AKL CL arriving 1/17. I typically ship a box with razors, first aid kit, etc (TSA prohibited items) If they are cutting back on toiletries, I will add a bottle of shampoo, shower gel, etc, but would prefer to not do that. TIA

Heather

21. WDWKOOK

:welcome: to the DIS! You don't need to ship those, they'll be in your room, Heather:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.