Concierge/Club Level Information - Part III (October 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you buy the plain ones or the flavored ones? I just got 2 boxes of flavored--one vanilla and one caramel.

I've had the Italian Roast and the Iced VIA (which has the sugar mixed in already); both were amazingly good for being instant. I didn't realise they had flavoured ones now! Do they have the sugar in the packet already?

I know Sam's Club has been pushing them the past few times I've been in. I might have to scope out whether they've got the Italian Roast.

I've had the Italian Roast and the Iced VIA (which has the sugar mixed in already); both were amazingly good for being instant. I didn't realise they had flavoured ones now! Do they have the sugar in the packet already?

I know Sam's Club has been pushing them the past few times I've been in. I might have to scope out whether they've got the Italian Roast.

I didn't look at the ingredient list very closely, but they must have sugar mixed in, b/c the box advertised on the front that they would make coffee that was slightly sweet. I might have to break into one of the boxes this weekend just to try them. ;)

Deluxe Cl rooms are bigger but are not on the 5th floor. Lagoon view CL rooms are the same size as gv and standard cl rooms, just a better view.

So...If I am LV CL, my room will be smaller than the DLX CL rooms?
Is the LV CL room the same size as a basic room at BC? I was hoping for a larger room. The past 2 stays at BC in a STD room, I had the largest rooms! Granted, one time it was the LAST room on the floor! (Long walk!) But the time before that it was a corner room and it was huge! I'm thinking I'd rather have a larger room and downgrade to a DLX CL.

Yes, LV CL rooms are the same size as all the other standard rooms regardless of cl or view. The only rooms that are larger are the deluxe cl rooms and the suites.

Did you get your itinerary from IPO???? :goodvibes

I called at 2:00 their time, and was told they had my ADRs made, but they had 5 families they were working on so it would be awhile until they e-mailed my confirmation numbers.
I got nothing that day, but was satisfied because she looked everything up and said they were made.
I called the next day at 4:00 to tell them I hadn't received anything.
My e-mail arrived within minutes. :scratchin

Thank you so much for all the information!

Hi All, first time in ages I'm not staying CL for my whole trip - got a fantastic deal through Disney UK for the BC and free dining (so based on that, and I might be starting a rumour here, I think if the UK are offering it, then the US should be following?), then things didn't go so smoothly with my flight (transatlantic), I wanted to use miles, so basically a very cheap flight, redemption flights weren't available for my dates so I've had to end up buying my first class ticket :scared1: which ate not surprisingly into a big chunk of my budget. :rolleyes:

So, my last 3 nights are going to be CL for a little bit of R&R, I've currently got the Poly CL booked but I'm really drawn to the AKL CL, I've never stayed at either resort but there's something about AKL that I find really attractive.

Can anyone give pros and cons for both please?

Thank you :goodvibes

Hi All, first time in ages I'm not staying CL for my whole trip - got a fantastic deal through Disney UK for the BC and free dining (so based on that, and I might be starting a rumour here, I think if the UK are offering it, then the US should be following?), then things didn't go so smoothly with my flight (transatlantic), I wanted to use miles, so basically a very cheap flight, redemption flights weren't available for my dates so I've had to end up buying my first class ticket :scared1: which ate not surprisingly into a big chunk of my budget. :rolleyes:

So, my last 3 nights are going to be CL for a little bit of R&R, I've currently got the Poly CL booked but I'm really drawn to the AKL CL, I've never stayed at either resort but there's something about AKL that I find really attractive.

Can anyone give pros and cons for both please?

Thank you :goodvibes

I can't give cons for either! I have stayed at both multiple times, so obviously love both of them.

Both hotels are gorgeous. AKL is more compact, if that mattered. Poly's tropical theming is more to my liking, but that's a personal choice. Love the animals at AKL, although the one time I got a not-so-great animal view, it did matter (even though there are multiple other places to see the animals).

Transportation is 100% better at Poly. Nothing like being a couple of minutes away from the monorail, buses, and the boat...love taking that little launch to the MK. That said, I never had much difficulty with the bus transportation at AKL.

Restaurants about the same---both have wonderful table service options! I do enjoy Boma.

Club levels--I do love the fact that the Club level at Poly is in its own building, with a wonderful location, steps from the beach, volcano pool, main building, and boat launch.

Lounges--Both are spacious, with great food offerings, and good cast members. I do like the view from Poly's better---could sit at the window and look at the castle all night!

I like the option of watching the MK fireworks from Poly, as well as the water parade.

How could you go wrong with either choice? (and if you are drawn to the AKL, perhaps that is the choice for you)

Thank you Jackemail, I think I'm going to have to toss a coin to make a final decision, they both sound great :rotfl:

Hmmmm, I haven't tried those yet. I might have to bring some. :thumbsup2

I just wanted to add that I've been bringing the Via packets the last couple of trips and they are life savers to those of us who MUST have a decent cup of coffee!! :laughing: For the Resort mugs, I use 1-1/2 packets of Via and it's almost as good as fresh-brewed REAL coffee!! ;)

Clare-I've done Poly CL 5 times and AKL CL twice. Here are my thoughts:

AKL is really very magical. I wasn't expecting to love it so much. I was worried that the lounge being on another floor would be a pain but it really wasn't a big deal. The breakfast offerings were very good! The fruit was even better than BWI. They also had both oatmeal and quinoa. I know you have food allergies so not sure what food would work best for you. I never had any issues with the bus service at AKL.

Poly location really can't be beat. Boat or monorail to MK and walk to TTC for direct monorail. I love the beach and love the Poly lit up at night with the Tiki torches. Can't beat the view from the CL lobby there. I would say breakfast offerings are much better elsewhere but the price is very high. Since I tend to make most use of the lounge at breakfast I now stay elsewhere.

I've just booked my first club level stay at YC at the end of September. Our intentions are to make it a resort stay and visit MK for MNSSHP only. I have DH, DS5, and DS2.

Did I make a good choice? I figure I still have time to change...I'm still weighing in my head if the club level is worth it and if YC CL is the right one, but I figure if we're at the resort almost the entire trip...it probably is?

Clare-I've done Poly CL 5 times and AKL CL twice. Here are my thoughts:

AKL is really very magical. I wasn't expecting to love it so much. I was worried that the lounge being on another floor would be a pain but it really wasn't a big deal. The breakfast offerings were very good! The fruit was even better than BWI. They also had both oatmeal and quinoa. I know you have food allergies so not sure what food would work best for you. I never had any issues with the bus service at AKL.

Poly location really can't be beat. Boat or monorail to MK and walk to TTC for direct monorail. I love the beach and love the Poly lit up at night with the Tiki torches. Can't beat the view from the CL lobby there. I would say breakfast offerings are much better elsewhere but the price is very high. Since I tend to make most use of the lounge at breakfast I now stay elsewhere.

Thank you :thumbsup2 Although I've got the Poly booked there's something in my heart (without sounding all mushy lol) that says AKL, it's somewhere I've visited and immediately felt 'comfortable', I really would like to do the Wanyama Safari so that's another tick in the box for the AKL, but then I fancy doing MVMCP and feel the Poly is easier. Then again I might just return to the BWI :rotfl: Seriously though it really will be the Poly or AKL for my last 3 nights.

We have a standard view WL Cl booked. We had our Travel agent ask for a kingsize bed. DH is 6'4. Do they have kingsize beds? I seem to recall one of the resorts not having any CL kingsize available. Hopefully WL isn't the one.

Thanks for any info.

I've just booked my first club level stay at YC at the end of September. Our intentions are to make it a resort stay and visit MK for MNSSHP only. I have DH, DS5, and DS2.

Did I make a good choice? I figure I still have time to change...I'm still weighing in my head if the club level is worth it and if YC CL is the right one, but I figure if we're at the resort almost the entire trip...it probably is?

Especially since you are spending so much time at the resort---I think club level is definitely worth it! The EPCOT area is wonderful, YC is great (although BWI is my favorite EPCOT resort).

I think you will enjoy staying club level!!

Thank you :thumbsup2 Although I've got the Poly booked there's something in my heart (without sounding all mushy lol) that says AKL, it's somewhere I've visited and immediately felt 'comfortable', I really would like to do the Wanyama Safari so that's another tick in the box for the AKL, but then I fancy doing MVMCP and feel the Poly is easier. Then again I might just return to the BWI :rotfl: Seriously though it really will be the Poly or AKL for my last 3 nights.

Well, you can't go wrong with either choice...and I understand that "feeling" you get when a resort calls!

I have to say that I was SO disappointed in the last MVMCP I attended--way oversold and crowded. I won't go back there (but I will go back to Poly).

I love AKL club level, I really really love Poly club level--and I really really really really love BWI club level!

I didn't look at the ingredient list very closely, but they must have sugar mixed in, b/c the box advertised on the front that they would make coffee that was slightly sweet. I might have to break into one of the boxes this weekend just to try them. ;)

FWIW, I'm a relatively die-hard latte drinker, and I adore both the Iced Via and the unsweetened regular Via. The flavored hot ones are a little too sweet for my taste.

I like to heat up a cup of milk, add the Via powder (and the right amount of water), plus a splash of either vanilla coffee creamer or actual vanilla and about a teaspoon of sugar. It's ridiculous how good it is.

Well, you can't go wrong with either choice...and I understand that "feeling" you get when a resort calls!

I have to say that I was SO disappointed in the last MVMCP I attended--way oversold and crowded. I won't go back there (but I will go back to Poly).

I love AKL club level, I really really love Poly club level--and I really really really really love BWI club level!

I last went to MVMCP in 2006 and I found it pretty crowded then, that is so disappointing that it still appears to be that way :(

LOL re. the BWI, I love that CL too but this year I need a change.

I last went to MVMCP in 2006 and I found it pretty crowded then, that is so disappointing that it still appears to be that way :(

LOL re. the BWI, I love that CL too but this year I need a change.

We are hoping MVMCP will have started when we are there in early November. Do you think it would be crowded then, or is it only in December that it gets packed?

We are hoping MVMCP will have started when we are there in early November. Do you think it would be crowded then, or is it only in December that it gets packed?

Can only say that I went on Nov. 16, a Tuesday, and it was not a good experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter