Concerned free dining plan will change for the worse

Bete

DIS Veteran
Disney states subject to change without notice for their dining plan which means restaurants could stop participating or some restaurants may change to signature status for TS meals, etc.

Also, CM/waiters may get very strict about what you order, etc. Management may be watching all of them who push the envelope to get better tips.

I don' think Disney would do a bait and switch but...

Anyone else feeling this way?

I am concerned as well but for planning purposes primarily. We're 60 days out and I haven't made any AR's yet. Threehearts

Yes, I have the same concern. We will be arriving on the 13th a week after the free dining plan has ended. I just hope that the same restaurants will be available to us as they are now.

I would think you have the right to cancel, if changes occur from Disney.

Hopefully, we will all be safe.

I would make ARs, as soon as, you can; because the free dining plan will probably load up restaurants more than usual. You don't want to miss out on your favorites. You can always cancel them without a problem.

YUP!!! I made our AR's (like PS better!) as soon as I booked our trip!! We were able to get every rest we wanted at the times we wanted!! :Pinkbounc

As I'm reading your post, I have decided that if they change and I can't get some of the PS's I want for free, I'll just switch to someplace else. And, if that does happen and I still want something they've taken away, I'll just pay out of pocket. It's all a bonus anyway. So, some free is better than nothing free, right? :cheer2:

Since PS can be made 90 days in advance I would think Disney would give 90 days notice if they were going to completely change the plan, or at least 60 days to allow for PS to change.

I also don't think that Disney would a. change the plan only for the free dinning period of time (and ruin the trips for those who did not get free dining) and b. make almost every single guest at the resorts angry for their entire trips and never want to return c. cause overcrowding in the cheaper restaurants (that remain on TS) and leave the 'new' Signature restaurants empty.

I also don't think that it would make a difference to change structure because of the crowds issue. I think they are better off feeding people in restaurants and losing a bit of money than leaving an restaurant almost empty and losing wages, food, etc... to the staff.

The idea is to get all your meals included and if they limit the program such that this is not feasible then the program would be dead.

It also couldget better and has. Le Cellier was a signature resturant and now is a normal TS. Plus they have added more resturants. I do agree that someofthesignatureplaces will feel it in the pocketbook andmay change tonormal TS at least till after the freeprogramends.

I don't think they would announce deletions of restaurants 90 days ahead because we don't PAY for the PS's. Yes, it is where we PLAN to go for dinner or whatever, but we don't have a financial stake in the reservation. Even things that require a CC# to reserve can be cancelled without penalty 48 hours before, so I think if they start axing restaurants we'll get 48 hours notice.

I agree, I meant if they make drastic changes that affect a lot of restaurants, if they only change a few then they can do it whenever they feel like it

I hope crowding and reduced revenue doesn't cause restaurants to lower their quality.

I wouldn't be shocked if some restaurants, particularly the non-Disney owned restaurants in the WS, either surcharge the more expensive entrées or if that's not possible drop some of the most expensive entrées.

But after you make your PS, do you then have to check here everyday to make sure they haven't changed it on you? Ok, so some of us are on here everyday, but what about the people that make their PS's, go down to Disney and THEN find out the program is changed.

The only changes I could see would be to end the pooling of credits and separating childrens and adult credits. Possibly making surcharges for things like lobster or shrimp add on's at restaurants.
I don't really think there will be any changes to restaurants not doing the plan or becoming signature at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter