Compromise is a Disney word: Taking one for the team over Thanksgiving 2016* August PTR link! 5/28

GREAT trip report so far...yay I managed to find it despite your link that doesn't work in your siggy! :-)

Hopefully one of these days I'll start mine also...but I can guarantee it won't be this week!

Woo Cape May! It's nice to have so many good sit-down dining options within walking distance. Cape May is great (and that beer is awesome!)
One of the things we like about the Epcot area is all the dining options-besides the BW and all the hotels, its so easy to walk in to Epcot to grab something! YES on the beer :thumbsup2 I just can't believe I've missed out on it all these years!

Love Ariel, love the Ariel photo, love the skort....lol. Love me some Cape May breakfast. I think I will try dinner at some point, as well. I love me some crab legs! And yay on the view.

I need to decide if I want to get a mug or two on our trip. We barely used them at SSR but that resort is so spread out. I think we will use the splash pad and pool a lot at WL so we will be over by the refill station quite a bit. Of course, I'll probably get a few adult beverages during those times, so we may not necessarily need the mugs. Maybe for the boys. Hmmmmm.....
LOL does the skort look familiar?
I might try Cape May breakfast if Chris was into it next time we stay at an Epcot resort, I've heard good things and the outfits the characters wear look really cute. If you guys like seafood I suggest the dinner at some point, too!
You'd probably get more use out of the mugs at WL because even though you'll be in the Villas, walking to Roaring Forks to fill up isn't bad and it's all inside except for a small part so heat/rain wont' effect you walking like it could at SSR. Plus if you're going to spend a decent amount of time at the pool and the boys get thirsty, you won't have to keep buying them drinks.......and if you don't finish your adult beverage at the pool and have some left, you can put it in a mug and walk it to the boat or bus with you ;) Really I just like having them in my cabinet!

I love your picture with the Ariel statue!!

The Beach Club looks so pretty...the sitting room is really nice. I want a nook like that! I'd fill the shelves with books!
That carousel is really cool, and I can't wait to see it in a few days. I'm also excited to get our refillable mugs - the boys and I use them all the time at home. Matt thinks they're too small, but we get our money's worth during our visits, so my cabinets runneth over. I keep seeing pictures on blogs and things of the holiday mugs in the parks, with Snow White on them. It makes me sad that those aren't refillable. I think there should be options. I miss the days of resort specific refillable mugs. I lost my old Wilderness Lodge mug in a move a long time ago, and I still think about it. (wow, didn't realize I could spend so much time talking about mugs, LOL!!)

Nothing better than a fireworks view! Anything that stretches the magic a little bit more is a big win for me, and seeing fireworks from your room is definitely magical!
Ha, total mug post! Oh and you're either still on the plane or IN DISNEY right now :mickeyjum YAY!!! Grab those mugs! I saw the Snow White one in HS last month and almost got it, but we already had the regular ones so I passed. It's so cute though.
Thank you on my Ariel picture and if you're reading this in Florida, GO HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!!!

Sounds like an amazing first day. I bet we passed each other by BTMRR and never noticed each other. I love your picture with Ariel.
Hi there and it was pretty much as good a day as any; only thing that could have made it better was if Ricky and Steve had been there :) OF course then there would have been some level of fighting, so maybe it was better this way after all lol.
That's a shame we didn't meet up, but I hope you guys had a wonderful trip :goodvibes

Sounds like you guys had a great arrival day! I love the decorated carousel pictures. And that's so awesome that you were able to see fireworks from your hotel room!
It's always a plus seeing the fireworks from our room, and now that it's happened so much I feel like I'm spoiled :snooty: If we get a room somewhere with no fireworks view I'll be at the desk going "um.......do you know who I am??" :laughing:

So cool that you could see fireworks right from your room!!! That is the best!
It is!! Chris didn't care but I sure did, and when I told Steve he was jealous :P In fact, we were SO close this time that in addition to the fireworks we could also hear the music from Illuminations, just couldn't make out all the words.

And were you successful? I know I wouldn't be, lol
Ha ha, I think I did a pretty good job but it was hard!

How I wish the Muppets had been there back in May. I really hope they stick around.
Well we walked by the area about 20 times during the trip, always when the show was just ending. And each time a huge crowd was breaking up from watching them so it seems popular, so hopefully it will still be there next time you go :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see Disneyland all decorated next year. But it depresses me a bit that I have to wait a year. Also that it's 6 months until my next vacation in June for my nephew's Bar Mitzva.
It does seem like a long time away, but not as far away as when you booked it lol. I'll be the next 6 months until June fly by though! Is that in NY?

Very cute pic!
Thank you :hug:

I may be totally crazy but I thought the track was smoother :confused3 I thought they were going to do more effects closer to the BTMRR at DL but I guess not. Mi did notice the bats though!
Hmm, I didn't notice that about the track, but that doesn't mean it wasn't smoother. I'll have to take note on our next trip :)

Such a cute photo of you. Everybody had such awesome Florida hair except for me, my hair and Florida don't like each other :eek:
Oh, no no no, don't let one decent picture fool you! Of all the months we've been to Disney Nov. is about the only month I can have a not-terrible hair day. I have tons of thick, thick hair which I don't think comes across in pictures but it's usually some form of frizzy, even at home. And forget it when we go down in the summer :rotfl2:Nothing saves my hair then......

Omg mine too! I could have 4 or 5 of them, no problem
I'm trying to find it around here, I miss it so much!!!

Since we are staying at the BCV on our next trip how big of a PItA was it to fill your mugs? We had them on our last visit at the BWV and only used them once. It didn't help that they gave us a room 48 miles from the main lobby....
I'm still
Actually it wasn't a pain at all at BC. Even though the villas are in a different building the walk over to the Marketplace wasn't far. Our room was close to the elevator though, so I suppose if you were way, way down a hallway it would be more of a pain since the walk would be longer. Maybe request "close to elevator" if you don't have anything else you want to request? I hear you on the far rooms, though. Last year at BWV we had the absolute perfect room, right off the elevator, straight on view of Illuminations and partial BW view. Then we had a slight sewage problem and I don't think you could be any farther than our new room was. It was literally like a 6 minute walk just to get to the elevator, which I know doesn't sound like much but it is when that's not even the end of the journey!

Awesome view! I'm a little nervous about staying at the BCV, we had a studio at the BWV and it wasn't our favorite. I'm kinda guessing the layout of the two are the same. We are renting points so can't switch...
Yup, same layout as BWV pretty much. We were in a studio there last year. Not my favorite either and I feel there's a lack of drawer space, but I guess it depends how you like to pack/unpack when you're on vacation. The wonderful thing about renting points is what you end up paying for deluxe resorts; one negative is the inability to switch :(
Pretty!

So...I can't wait for the DR. I mean I can but as a non seafood lover myself just wondering if y'all left hungry:rotfl2:
Dining report is started! I just haven't added a non-working link to my signature yet since, like the link for this TR - I know I won't be able to get the dining link to work :sad2: But it's over there!
And we did not leave hungry so if you want to try it, I say go for it :thumbsup2 I'm going to try getting that review done sometime this weekend since we're most likely going to be snowed in tomorrow. That means if I go out I'll need to wear a BOGGIN :rotfl:Sorry Whitney I just think that is adorable lol!

GREAT trip report so far...yay I managed to find it despite your link that doesn't work in your siggy! :-)

Hopefully one of these days I'll start mine also...but I can guarantee it won't be this week!
Stupid, stupid computer stuff, I need that computer-smashing emoji here!!
Anyway I'm very glad you found it and came over, I know it's a crazy week for many of us :santa: I'll keep looking for your TR!

WOOHOO for Schofferhoffer. So glad you finally tried it and more importantly loved it!!!!! We are totally hooked. Figured out they sell them at our local Total Wine ($10/6 pack) so we get it a lot in the summer now. Perfect drink for a hot summer day.

Awesome Illuminations view. We had the same view as you at WL in April and there really is nothing better than sitting on your balcony (with an adult beverage of course) and getting a private show.

Can't wait for that dining report to start :-)

I'm going to try getting that review done sometime this weekend since we're most likely going to be snowed in tomorrow. That means if I go out I'll need to wear a BOGGIN :rotfl:Sorry Whitney I just think that is adorable lol!
Bahaha! I was like what in the world do they call them?!? I've never known them as anything else. You would've thought we were coming from opposite ends of the Earth.
P.S. I've been wearing my boggin lots this past week! Sooo cold!!

I will share that I finally tried a beverage that's talked about often here on the Dis:

And I was in heaven!!! This is my new favorite beer and I promise to love it forever and ever :cloud9:

OK....This looks like a beer I would really like! Is that the only place that serves it?

WOOHOO for Schofferhoffer. So glad you finally tried it and more importantly loved it!!!!! We are totally hooked. Figured out they sell them at our local Total Wine ($10/6 pack) so we get it a lot in the summer now. Perfect drink for a hot summer day.

Awesome Illuminations view. We had the same view as you at WL in April and there really is nothing better than sitting on your balcony (with an adult beverage of course) and getting a private show.

Can't wait for that dining report to start :-)
It's a little more expensive here, about $13 for a 6 pack but still worth it to me. ANd you're right, probably more of a summertime beer but since I just discovered it, it's going to be my winter 2016/17 beer!!
Got my first review up on the dining report after you found it :thumbsup2

OK....This looks like a beer I would really like! Is that the only place that serves it?
Nope, it's in at least 2 other places I know of and others may be able to chime in with more! They have it at Trails End over at Fort Wilderness and in Germany at Epcot, which is where most of the people whose reviews I read were getting it. So finding it at Cape May was a very nice surprise :goodvibes

Bahaha! I was like what in the world do they call them?!? I've never known them as anything else. You would've thought we were coming from opposite ends of the Earth.
P.S. I've been wearing my boggin lots this past week! Sooo cold!!
:P Just shows how different certain areas of the country are!
What's your "cold" been? Because the last 2 days were 20's during the day, last night was 7, and today we got about 6" of snow :cold:

Hi Ariane! I am LOVING your trip report!!! And, counting down the days until our next trip...I get to make dining reservations January 3rd, and I'm already stressing. I can't IMAGINE going through what you did! Great job!!!

:P Just shows how different certain areas of the country are!
What's your "cold" been? Because the last 2 days were 20's during the day, last night was 7, and today we got about 6" of snow :cold:
Well over the 3 days our weather has been on drugs...Friday 29 degrees early around 7am with strong wind gust all day. Pretty cold out the rest of the day. Friday night the rain started and warmed up overnight. Yesterday we had rain and it was a muggy 70ish degrees. Around 11 pm last night we had tornado warnings. This morning while driving home to work it was 32 degrees and sleeting. Our roads were freezing over from all of the rain we have had the past few days. :confused3

Mommy Guilt Does Wonders and a "Pretty" Good Dis-Meet!

Before I get to our next day, wanted to let you all know I started my DINING REPORT :cheer2: Nope, no link in my signature yet, so if you want to take a look just head over to the dining reviews and look around for mine. It's called, "Nothing a little sangria won't fix" :thumbsup2

For our first full Disney day we.....slept in a bit. Even though we were in for the night rather early I chose to NOT get up at the crack of dawn to avoid any complaining. This was the plan when it was supposed to be all 4 of us and I kept it the same when it became 2, since Chris actually sleeps later than Ricky at home most of the time.
What I did change around for the day were some dining plans: we originally had Mama Melrose for lunch. Of the 4 of us Chris would enjoy this the least, so when our plans changed I cancelled MM and instead made a breakfast reservation next door at the Yacht Club at Captain's Grille for 10:00. Before we left the room I took one shot of our view from the balcony, looking over to the right towards HS:

Nothing extremely spectacular but certainly not bad, and given the fireworks view the night before I was satisfied.
The temp was going to be a tad chillier than yesterday, only about 70, so it wasn't all that warm when we stepped outside. Luckily we had a short walk and were soon in front of the Yacht Club:

This doesn't really do anything as far as pictures go but it kind of shows some of the decor outside, around the poles. I was looking forward to the display inside; last year they had the cutest little train/village set up! Unfortunately Yacht must have been drawn last in the lottery because all that was up was a tree. It was cute, but kind of a let down:

We were about 15 minutes early for our reservation but the place was jammin', and they said they were running about 20 minutes behind so probably couldn't seat us early. In the end we were seated right at 10 and we were very pleased with breakfast there as well as the service, and I'll write more about our meal over on my dining report. However I was anxious to get to our park of choice for the day, so we paid our check and started the walk to HS. Yes, we walked to HS which surprised me because Chris isn't the walking type. I suggested we walk there and take the boat back, and was mighty surprised when he agreed! It was good to walk off some of our breakfast. The walk took about 15 minutes and as soon as we saw this we knew we were close:

OK you got me! I took this picture once we were inside the park, not on the walk :o But whatevs, it's my report and I can say what I want to! Truly though when you're walking to HS it's a very pretty sight to see as you approach.
Since the park had opened at 8 and it was now close to 11:30 there was no line at bag check or the tapstiles so we waltzed right in. Now, 2 exciting things happened and I'll give you a little backstory.
Fellow Dis'er (who also has a TR going, BTW) Whitney @Whit64130 was down there and we were trying to meet up before she left in 2 days. She was on her way to HS while we were finishing breakfast so we were texting, and trying to figure out where to meet.

Part of our original plan included TOT FP's for all 4 of us from 10:30-11:30, since we would have slept in a bit and not had breakfast at Capt. Grille if Steve and Ricky were with us. I kept the FP even though Chris isn't a fan of TOT. I guess a little part of me was hoping he'd agree to ride it although he kept saying he wouldn't. Well, we walked through the park entrance at about 11:28 and I started *whining out loud* that we were at the end of our TOT FP window and since he wouldn't ride with me I'd have to wait till the guys came down :sad::sad: Chris was apologizing for not wanting to ride and I was all "it's ok, it's ok my dear" :sad::sad: "No big deal, it's just mommy's favorite ride that I love almost as much as you and Ricky but, no biggie. We'll just do what YOU want to do ALL DAY". And Whitney is texting that her friend Miranda is on line for TOT and I'm texting that our FP window is ending and Chris won't ride and I'm sad, when all of a sudden Chris says he's not happy about it but he'll ride!
Do you think I told him he didn't have to?
Do you think I almost pulled his arm out of the socket trying to get there within 5 minutes after our FP window ended?
Do you think I texted Whitney that "HE JUST SAID HE'LL RIDE TOT WITH ME!!!!"

He did so much better than he did last year! Last year was his first time riding and he screamed and cried like someone was murdering him, it was hysterical. He doesn't look thrilled here but at least he's calm. I'm pointing out the great view of HS in the picture, even though he's really not interested in looking.
I was psyched that I got to ride with Chris, so that really got my day in the park started off right. Now came the 2nd exciting thing: Whitney was still waiting on Miranda who, unlike us, didn't have a FP and was in the 80 minute FP line, so when we exited the gift shop we finally got to meet!

:wave2: @Whit64130! We talked for a few minutes which was fun; she kept saying "boggin" which totally threw me because I was wondering why she brought her sleigh (toboggan) to Disney, and Chris fell in looooove :love: He said hello and spent the rest of the time we were talking hiding behind me; then as soon as we walked away told me how pretty she was, asked how old she was, and said how cool her accent was lol. He brought her up like 500x in the next 2 hours! It was cute.

Originally our other FP's had been for RnRc (Ricky and I) and TSMM (Steve and Chris) and I wasn't able to switch mine to TSMM and Chris doesn't ride RnRc. I was however able to get one for GMR, which is one of Chris's favorites. We also got the cowboy scene and it was only Chris's 2nd time having it so he was happy!

I don't know if I actually prefer the gangster scene or the cowboy; I think I like them equally as long as the CM's involved are good. We had 2 good ones today so I enjoyed our cowboy "scene", too.

Chris was REALLY wanting to ride Toy Story so we figured we'd walk by and check what the wait time was. I was hoping with the 3rd track it wasn't too bad, because I'd been checking and checking for a couple FP's at any point during our stay and it wasn't happening. We go there and standby was 70 minutes, a complete and total no-go for me! I told him we'd go to Muppets which he also wanted to do and check again; but he suggested we "give it a try, because maybe the wait wasn't quite 70??" Aw, I felt so bad! He was such a trooper riding TOT with me, we both took one for the team for Ricky's sake with all the trip changes, I guess I could take one for Chris's sake and wait on line, right?

70 minute wait, here we come!
Luckily it was only about 48 minutes, and we spent the entire time playing I SPY. Yup, 48 minutes of I SPY :D It was worth it once we were on and Chris was enjoying himself:

And he beat the pants off me, although neither of our scores were anything to brag about (don't tell him I said that though):

We exited TSMM building after what seemed like forever and grabbed a snack at the cart across the way-can't remember the name and I'm too lazy to look it up lol. Chris got a hot dog and I got popcorn. Our day at HS wasn't quite over yet, but I think I'll stop here for now so I can at least get one more update posted before Santa arrives......

UP NEXT: HS PART 2 AND SANDY BOTTOMS ARE THE BEST!

Stupid, stupid computer stuff, I need that computer-smashing emoji here!!
Anyway I'm very glad you found it and came over, I know it's a crazy week for many of us :santa: I'll keep looking for your TR!

Yes...definitely crazy and now just started to get a little more overwhelmed than usual. I think after last night I am a bit better. I got most of my gifts wrapped, I think I'm done shopping (finally) and I have at least SOME of my Christmas cards ready to go. I think starting my TR would lift my spirits as I was talking about some of the fun stuff we did over the weekend and it really makes me happy. Soon...I hope.

First of all, what a mess trying to figure it all out!! Glad you did and you were all able to have Thanksgiving together at Disney.

Since we'd rented points from someone new this time my first thought was OMG, did she cancel the reservation????!!! And then I happened to glance down at his Ipad and saw our name :sad2: So we were golden!

OMG I'd be freaking out toO!

The room was identical to our studio at BWV last November and was clean, which was NOT identical to either of our BWV studios last year so overall I was very happy. I do have pictures of our view but I'll post them later.

Looks like the newly renovated room? I look forward to checking these out!

This year, each horse was themed after a character:

That is SO cute!! We never made it to the Beach Club this trip :(

breakfast reservation next door at the Yacht Club at Captain's Grille for 10:00.

I about died inside reading breakfast and 10 AM in the same sentence. I'm usually ready for lunch by then! LOL!

Yes, we walked to HS which surprised me because Chris isn't the walking type. I suggested we walk there and take the boat back, and was mighty surprised when he agreed! It was good to walk off some of our breakfast. The walk took about 15 minutes and as soon as we saw this we knew we were close:

I love this walk haha

He did so much better than he did last year! Last year was his first time riding and he screamed and cried like someone was murdering him, it was hysterical. He doesn't look thrilled here but at least he's calm. I'm pointing out the great view of HS in the picture, even though he's really not interested in looking.

So sweet he offered to ride with you, though my first thought was just to head inside and make him wait :-D how old is he again? When is that acceptable?! LOL

Chris was REALLY wanting to ride Toy Story so we figured we'd walk by and check what the wait time was. I was hoping with the 3rd track it wasn't too bad, because I'd been checking and checking for a couple FP's at any point during our stay and it wasn't happening. We go there and standby was 70 minutes, a complete and total no-go for me! I told him we'd go to Muppets which he also wanted to do and check again; but he suggested we "give it a try, because maybe the wait wasn't quite 70??" Aw, I felt so bad! He was such a trooper riding TOT with me, we both took one for the team for Ricky's sake with all the trip changes, I guess I could take one for Chris's sake and wait on line, right?

Wow, once again you're so much nicer than me. I don't enter anything with 20+ minutes on the clock...

Great picture with Ariel's statue. I can understand your challenge with your son's basketball - we have to plan our trips around my daughter's ballet. Thanks for sharing your trip report.

Looks like a fun HS day with your son. I will ride ToT like you but no way will I do RnR. I did it once with my son many years ago and I screamed like a baby the whole time lol.

Loved that Chris decided to ride TOT and for walking to HS :thumbsup2
I'm glad you were able to meet up with Whitney
Chris looks so happy in the TSMM pics DD always beats me too but it's so much fun
I didn't know they had a cowboy we've only gotten the gangster I'm glad Chris liked it
Looking forward to your next installment which I know is hard with Christmas so close

Last edited:
Way to go using some "Momma guilt" to get Chris to ride ToT! And good for him for willing to try it again.
So cute how Chris kept mentioning Whitney.
Glad your Toy Story wait wasn't quite 70 min

Yay for Chris riding ToT and for a Dis meet! I'm really glad you are getting some alone time at Disney with Chris. Reminds me of the DHS Friday morning I had with AJ, waiting to get him signed up for JTA, seeing Buzz & Woody and riding TSMM. Such a fun morning! And I'm sure I would've waited too. For one, I know Disney tends to inflate the wait times to steer people away from the E ticket attractions and two, he asked so nicely and did ride ToT, like you said. Pretty much I did almost wait that long (40 minutes) with AJ for JTA sign ups. The things we do for our kids, right???

Looking forward to reading about Captain's Grille on your DR and reading more about your DHS day here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter