Complicated decision to make...POFQ or SWAN ...

grover

DIS Veteran
I am thrilled to see that POFQ has reopened!!

I am trying to decide between POFQ and The Swan. I am travelling this Oct (the trip is for my wedding and other families are coming so once I make my choice there will be no changing it). Here is my dilemma:

I would love to stay at POFQ-have always wanted to! It looks like a great resort. I would be paying regular season cost-about 133.00 I guess. I would not have access to any other discount than the codes that come out for everyone. I am trying to make my hotel stay at economical as possible. Do you think I should stay there and hope for a code??

However if a code doesn't come out then it wouldn't be much more for us to stay at the Swan (149.00 gov rate plus resort fee). I would also love to stay here,the wedding will take place there as well.

Gosh I just hate to book the Swan and then see a good code come out for POFQ....

We will be moving to a value -probably PC for the last part of the trip once all our guests have left.

Help-I don't know what to do!!
Grover in Winnipeg

I don't know how many are in your group - but, perhaps you qualify for a group rate. I think that there usually are discounts at POFQ in October so I think you stand a good chance for a code rate. Check the historical rate info on www.mousesavers.com.

The wedding is taking place at the Swan? Then why not just stay there! I would imagine it would be easier for you!

The Swan has bigger rooms, (two bathroom sinks) queen size beds, inside corridors and easy access to Epcot and MGM, not to mention that some of the views from the rooms are spectacular!

I'd go with the Swan. ::yes::

Your wedding is at the Swan, heavenly beds are at the Swan, and a ton of restaurant choices. Location, location, and did I mention location? For these reasons and a ton of others... Please pick the Swan!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Debbie
BTW POFQ is my favorite moderate, but there is no comparing the two resorts!

I havent stayed at FQ but I have stayed at Riverside...and the Swan. I would definitely pick the Swan over PO. And with the wedding being there and all, that would just confirm my decision.

I agree...stick with the Swan. :) With your wedding being there, I think it would make everything so much easier. It's a lovely resort and definitely has a great location.

If you wedding is there, I would have no hesitation in suggesting staying there also! If you spoke directly with the reservations head perhaps you could obtain an additional discount (or upgrade?) on your room due to the wedding being held there.

Then I would save $5 extra per week in a safe place and use that to stay the last few nights at POFQ rather than at the PC. You will not miss that little bit you are stashing and it should be sufficient to pay for the difference between PC & POFQ!!!

You will have the best of both worlds!!!

i would just stay at the swan. it sounds more convenient to the wedding, and is walking distance to boardwalk and yach/beach club and epcot.

plus the swan is a "deluxe" while POFQ is a moderate.

It's a no brainer....SWAN!

Blondie said it well, and jgates made an excellent point!

Do the Swan, then POFQ...would be the best choice!

Yet another vote for the Swan! If your wedding is going to be there, it just make sense, especially when you consider the small difference in cost.

A few things you may want to keep in mind... If you and your party will be booking more than 10 rooms, you all qualify for a 35% discount on your Disney-owned hotel, plus whatever discount codes come out can be applied. If that applies to you, that could mean a huge difference in your hotel bill! You would want to speak to the Grand Gatherings CMs at 407-WDW-MAGIC.

Plus, as another poster suggested, I would approach the Swan and see about getting group rates. We recently approached them about group rates (less than 10 rooms) for October, and they offered us $219 for the first night, $147 for the rest of our stay. I passed on that, I didn't think it was a great price, but perhaps with the size of your party and the fact that your wedding is there, they will be more accomodating.

Good luck to you, and Happy Wedding!

Nicole

I've stayed at the POFQ and the Dolphin, not Swan, and even though POFQ is my fav. moderate, Swan wins hands down!Location, location, location, right between Epcot and MGM, beautiful setting and rooms, fabulous grotto pool, tons of restaurants, and sinking down after a day at the parks in those heavenly beds....aaahhhh!:angel:

while I've yet to go to WDW, I had a similar dilemma in August booking a resort. There was the Dolphin at a teacher's rate or the French Quarter/Riverside moderate. I just did not know what to book.

I heard out the pros and cons on this board and some folks back then suggested that I book the room only while also booking the Dolphin and be sure to cancel one or the other at the proper time so as not to be charged a cancellation fee.

Now that the time has gone by, I have decided on the Dolphin for many, many reasons. More value, it seems and location, location....

So, I would suggest you try something like that, if you can. I don't know if that compares given how you are looking for a group rate.

I would also think it's fair to ask the Swan to come up with a wedding/group room plan. I would also hope that you are telling these reservationists that it is a wedding (yours?) and perhaps they can treat you like the royal couple you will be!

Congratulations.

KIS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter