Completely frustrated with FP+

We are going Dec 28th-Jan 3, booked everything we wanted at the time we wanted for the entire trip, Even 7DMT. We have found book 3 then change the times when things were not what we wanted.

We were worried that all would be gone since we do not arrive until 12/28 but that was not the case......keep trying, people are always changing their mind,

Staying offsite and going to Magic Kingdom for the first time since the MagicBand/FastPass + version. Didn't get up at midnight or stayed awake for it either. Logged on for my Magic Kingdom FastPasses for the Sunday after Thanksgiving, which I knew would be a busy time. All FastPasses gone. Oh well, we are doing Jungle Cruise instead.

BUT - we will do Magic Kingdom in style. Why? Because we are on vacation and away from work and home. One attraction we don't get to do doesn't mean the world will stop revolving.

I'm glad you're happy with your FP,but For me to travel to WDW costs about $5000. Frankly being in the Magic Kingdom would not be enough. I can be away from work and home for a lot less and at a fabulous place for a lot less money

The mine train at night is way better then during the day, I rode both about a week ago, night was far more better

Suvadoo said:
I'm glad you're happy with your FP,but For me to travel to WDW costs about $5000. Frankly being in the Magic Kingdom would not be enough. I can be away from work and home for a lot less and at a fabulous place for a lot less money

Totally agree. Although it doesn't cost that much to get there. But man to stay there....lots of money. And I don't go every year so when I do go, I want my biggest bang for my buck.

OP - as others have suggested, take the late night one and try to change it or if you know you'll be there late anyway, pick something else and ride 7dmt late at night. Lines seem to go down some although who know what holiday season will bring. Best of luck to you. I completely understand being frustrated. Just.got back on Sunday and while I didn't experience any glitches def got less done vs old system.

Like where? I could go to my local movie establishment a pay a lot less. What fabulous place would you consider?

Like where? I could go to my local movie establishment a pay a lot less. What fabulous place would you consider?
Monument Valley, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Washington DC to name a few. I'm not saying WDW isn't fabulous, but for any of the above mentioned locations, it would cost $3000, maximum for the same 7 days ( food, hotel accommodations and travel).
All I'm saying, is being in the parks is not enough for me, if I can't get the attractions I want then I'll go elsewhere.

Keep trying...Things open up here and there! Keep your original FP for SDM and check back occasionally! Good luck and enjoy your trip!

And for those of us coming from overseas it costs even more, and yes, we'd have plenty of fabulous places available for less. Not everyone is going to have a FP+ for every ride. If a single ride determines whether it is worth going for you, it probably isn't worth going.

And for those of us coming from overseas it costs even more, and yes, we'd have plenty of fabulous places available for less. Not everyone is going to have a FP+ for every ride. If a single ride determines whether it is worth going for you, it probably isn't worth going.

Did I even say that WDW was not worth it? No. But the PP, who I was responding to, said she was grateful to just BE at Disney. Well, I can go to restaraunts and parks around my home. I go to Disney to experience attractions. I didn't say One attraction would be my bereaking point. YOU are translating what I said with your own logic.

I just don't subscribe to the idea that being at Disney is enough.

Did I even say that WDW was not worth it? No. But the PP, who I was responding to, said she was grateful to just BE at Disney. Well, I can go to restaraunts and parks around my home. I go to Disney to experience attractions. I didn't say One attraction would be my bereaking point. YOU are translating what I said with your own logic.

Perhaps you should apply a little more logic to your posts.

You responded to:
Staying offsite and going to Magic Kingdom for the first time since the MagicBand/FastPass + version. Didn't get up at midnight or stayed awake for it either. Logged on for my Magic Kingdom FastPasses for the Sunday after Thanksgiving, which I knew would be a busy time. All FastPasses gone. Oh well, we are doing Jungle Cruise instead.

BUT - we will do Magic Kingdom in style. Why? Because we are on vacation and away from work and home. One attraction we don't get to do doesn't mean the world will stop revolving.

No suggestion that just being at Disney was enough, just a claim that missing a single attraction won't mean they have a bad time.

Just wait for the snow to start falling around the country. Then we'll get the "it's better than shoveling snow" posts.

I think a lot of the issue, and maybe that is my one big complaint against FP+, is that if the ride isn't available to select for FP+ 60 days out (or 30 days for those that are off-site) is that you are left with the impression that you aren't riding that ride...which really isn't true.

I think the reason for the lack of choices is because of the success Disney has had in marketing FP+. They are telling everyone that makes a reservation to be sure to pick your rides, they even send email reminders "Make your FP+ reservations today!"...under the old system it was mentioned, but you didn't get an email each morning of your stay saying "Get on your running shoes and be ready to trip those around you to get your FP!"

So with more people knowing about the perk and using it, the supply can't keep up with demand. The only options are 1. stop promoting it so that only those people like us the obsess over our trips and read every tip we can find know about it, or 2. build more rides, so there are more options, or 3. make it an on-site perk only or charge extra for off site (the Universal way).

Fingers crossed for #2.

Make selections, and check back to change them to better rides/times, or just use standby.

Just wait for the snow to start falling around the country. Then we'll get the "it's better than shoveling snow" posts.

Yeah, it's amazing that we should all be happy with our trips to Disney even if we have limited access to the things we want to experience. I guess it would be different if I had more disposable income, but I want value for my vacation dollar. Why should I have to defend that?

I guess it's my fault for trying to plan a last minute Christmas vacation but it seems like everything is unavailable. I tentatively scheduled a trip for 2 days/3 nites at Disney. Dec. 29-Jan1. I am trying to pick FP+ but if I want the Mine Train, it has to be between 10:35-11:35pm. And apparently, I can't get any more fastpasses until all 3 are used so I would have to wait that late to get more???? Should I do standby for the mine train? do they even allow that? or should I not pick the mine train, pick something else and hope that after I used my 3 fastpasses up, I can still get one for the mine train that night. How can all the fastpasses for that ride almost be all gone already??
we're here now and stand by waits for mine train have been 90+ minutes daily... We got two fast passes for it at 60 days out, when we got here we rode it the first time and realized it kind of sucked as far as rides go... I'd rather ride big thunder mountain or splash mountain anyway. Saying that we changed our second mine train to something else.. If you want to ride it I suggest finding the December mine train fp thread on here where people post if they have one to cancel and you can pick it up. Good luck!

Perhaps you should apply a little more logic to your posts.

You responded to:

No suggestion that just being at Disney was enough, just a claim that missing a single attraction won't mean they have a bad time.

It seems to be what some people do- set up an argument that was never made, then defend against it. Straw man anyone?

I think a lot of the issue, and maybe that is my one big complaint against FP+, is that if the ride isn't available to select for FP+ 60 days out (or 30 days for those that are off-site) is that you are left with the impression that you aren't riding that ride...which really isn't true.

Well, that all depends on whether you are "lucky" enough to be there when Disney springs another surprise! FP+ only test on guests.

Quit chastising her and taking her quotes out of context. She said "seems" very clearly.

For my part, I hope you get something good to open up for you.

She also said "everything" very clearly, should have just said "seems like 7DMT and A&E is unavailable.

She also said "everything" very clearly, should have just said "seems like 7DMT and A&E is unavailable.

Yeah, it was the "everything" that threw me off. I thought she meant..well...everything. Little did I know "seems" defines how many. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter