Completed 10/11 - 10/17 Trip

Williams5

Earning My Ears
We just got back from a great trip with only 2 major planning issues (better for next time!).

10/11 - We had an RV at Fort Wilderness (arrived) - love this place.
10/12 - Epcot Food & Wine - Columbus Day - slightly crowded - especially at night in the World Showcase (should be expected) - but a good solid day. We had Soarin', Nemo & Crush FP+ - worked great.
10/13 - Magic Kingdom - Break - MNSSHP - almost a perfect day - loved the new Stage Show. 7DMT, Little Mermaid & Peter Pan FP+
10/14 - Magic Kingdom - So crowded the place became almost non-functional - they extended hours to help accommodate. I have never been in this park in such a crowd and that includes Spring Break and summers - however I picked this day to give us a solid day that wasn't on a Halloween party night - I think the rest of vacationing Central Florida did the same. If I ever travel to WDW again in October, I won't be bothering with MK on a non-MNSSHP night, the fireworks and parade are nice - but not that nice. We did get locked into this day by reserving CRP 180+ days out and that was a great lunch. Belle, Splash, Pirates FP+ (I really don't get the hate for Pirates renovations - we loved it)
10/15 - Animal Kingdom - great day - almost perfect - followed by the always awesome Chip 'n Dale campfire at Fort Wilderness. Fast Passed Kilimanjaro, Everest & Dinosaur
10/16 - Hollywood Studios - an even better day - once again almost perfect. We had Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dining and our seats for Fantasmic were awesome! We rope dropped Rock n' Roller and had FP+ for TSMM, Frozen & Star Tours
10/17 - Epcot - great morning due to FP+ on Test Track - but the Food & Wine Festival was so over crowded it was basically a total waste of time to even visit. We pushed through and got all the country stamps for the kids, but we didn't bother sampling a single kiosk due to the 100+ people in every single line. I will never do Epcot on a Saturday during F&W again.

All in all the trip was great except for 2 very crowded planned days. I went against crowd calendars and due to the live saving FP+ we were still able to have fun. My lone complaint is the age consideration on my kids when dining. We didn't do a meal plan due to the ridiculous requirement of my skinny 13 & 10 year old kids being forced onto Adult meals - but we still had to pay Adult levels on Mama Melrose fantasmic, CRT, Chef Mickey's & 'Ohana. At none of those meals did my kids eat more than my 7 year old was eating. At the counter service restaurants we were ordering kids meals for those same kids and they were completely satisfied. I understand the forced concept on the buffet meals where a heavy eating 10 year old might do the damage of an adult, but I don't get the concept when the price of the meal = the price of what you receive. But, we still went and we still paid the bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter